ive looked over jordan..

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Axl Rose
Axe
Axe

ive looked over jordan..

Post by Axl Rose »

and ive seen things are not what they seem...

could someone please tell me what song this is? im guessing its a roger waters song.. thx 8)
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

It's called Sheep, it's from a Floyd album Animals (1977). Roger Waters wrote it (well-grabbed all the credits).
Axl Rose
Axe
Axe

Post by Axl Rose »

Flame-Sky Diver wrote:It's called Sheep, it's from a Floyd album Animals (1977). Roger Waters wrote it (well-grabbed all the credits).
thx.. sheep is the song i always skip on animals :D
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

Dave was also in on the writing.
kipnow
Axe
Axe

Post by kipnow »

Vlad The Impaler wrote:Dave was also in on the writing.
Don't think so. I don't think Gilmour would allow Waters to 'steal' his credits.
And I think mason and wright are even overcredited as being 'producers' on animals :)
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

kipnow wrote:
Vlad The Impaler wrote:Dave was also in on the writing.
Don't think so. I don't think Gilmour would allow Waters to 'steal' his credits.
And I think mason and wright are even overcredited as being 'producers' on animals :)

I do think so....specifically the chord sequence that ends it....as for credits maybe Dave got tired of arguing...I have no answer for that...but he DID come up with that ending.
Auximenes
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Auximenes »

Both Sheep and Dogs were co-written by Waters/Gilmour in 1974 when they were known as Raving and Drooling and Gotta be Crazy respectively (the songs, not Waters and Gilmour :lol: )
kipnow
Axe
Axe

Post by kipnow »

Vlad The Impaler wrote:
kipnow wrote:Don't think so. I don't think Gilmour would allow Waters to 'steal' his credits.

I do think so....specifically the chord sequence that ends it....as for credits maybe Dave got tired of arguing...I have no answer for that...but he DID come up with that ending.
I didn't know that.
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

I think that the ending is written by Dave too.

And the intro? Come on! Would Dave or Roger do this? Detect Rick Wright's hand in this. He should be given credit too.
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

Vlad The Impaler wrote:
kipnow wrote:Don't think so. I don't think Gilmour would allow Waters to 'steal' his credits.

"Dave got tired of arguing" says it pretty well I think

A lot of Pink Floyd songs that are credited soley to Roger have Daves mark on them, IMO. (and Rick to some degree)
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

thx.. sheep is the song i always skip on animals
A pity. That's my favourite song!