Pompeii Concert on CD?.

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Pompeii Concert on CD?.

Post by qjamesfloyd »

I have just been watching the new Pompeii D.V.D. and i was thinking that it would make a great live album,all of the performances are played better than i have heard them anywhere else,i have never really thought much of the live stuff on Ummagumma,so it would be great to have a live album of early pre-Dark Side Floyd.I think it has been put onto CD already,but it's not an official release,and i'm not sure how good the quality really is.
And not knowing weather we will see the BBC release the live recordings Pink Floyd did for them,this would make a great release.
bong2
Axe
Axe

Post by bong2 »

I agree.
I wonder if it would somehow be possible to record the music from the DVD to your computer and then burn it to cd??
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

There are heaps of bootlegs available of pompeii on cd (saw on the otherday in town). There was talk on here a while ago of some-one burning the audio from the dvd to a cd for trades.
jebcdex
Axe
Axe

Pompeii CD

Post by jebcdex »

I was in the process of ripping the audio from the DVD. There was a snag though, I couldn't find any free DVD audio ripping programs. The one I have only lets me rip 5 minutes. So, I am officially done. For now.
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

Yeah,but the point i was getting at is,it's not an official release,so,there would be a drop in quality from taking the sound track from D.V.D,plus i don't want all the spoken parts,just the concert it'self.
benryves
Axe
Axe

Post by benryves »

Yeah, I should be able to do it for you -- I've got all the DVD ripping software. Just drop me an email if you're interested -- the only difficulty I can see is getting you the CD.
[email protected] is my email address...
alan latchley
Embryo
Embryo

Post by alan latchley »

Some hints and tips on how to do it: http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html

I've yet to try but agree it's be a great CD release.

What's the latest on the BBC Sessions getting an official release? The Led Zeppelin BBC Session eclipse any other "official" Led Zepp live release, even last years "How The West Was Won".
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

bong2 wrote:I wonder if it would somehow be possible to record the music from the DVD to your computer and then burn it to cd??
I did it 8) , Great music.
supersky
Embryo
Embryo

Post by supersky »

i haven't seen the dvd yet...
but some months ago i downloaded from winmx a very long file (like nearly two hours) called "pink floyd live in pompeii"
they also play some songs from "the dark side of the moon": is it possible?
Hitman3
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Hitman3 »

yaeh you can torrents of it from sharingthegroove.org
Dellinger
Axe
Axe

Post by Dellinger »

I also have some software to rip the music from a DVD, and the sound remains perfect, perhaps I could send it through e-mail. Once the DVD is ripped, you may use some other software to cut the parts you don't want on CD.
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

Everyone is missing the point of why i started this thread,i'm not into copyright infringement,i was trying to suggest that this be an official release album,of early Pink Floyd!!!.
Dellinger
Axe
Axe

Post by Dellinger »

Not long ago I bought a pair of DVD's, one of YES and the other of Rick Wakeman, and both DVD's had also a CD (for free) with the music on the DVD. I guess that's just the way things should be done when concerts are released on DVD. Perhaps a small problem is than in most cases, the whole concert won't fit in only one CD.
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

I don't think the Pompeii film is too long to fit on CD,i can't remember how long it is though :? but if it is then,make a 2 CD album with some other live goodies on the other one.But with Pulse coming out on D.V.D. some time soon,i can't see this hapening for a while now anyway.
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

qjamesfloyd wrote:I don't think the Pompeii film is too long to fit on CD,i can't remember how long it is though :? but if it is then,make a 2 CD album with some other live goodies on the other one.But with Pulse coming out on D.V.D. some time soon,i can't see this hapening for a while now anyway.
It's short enough for one cd, there is space left on a cd!