What is in your CD Players?

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

I lIkE tO gEt HiGh AnD LiStEn To DaRkSiDe.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

I did that a lot a long time ago(late70's early 80's).I would also go to sleep every night with 4or5 PF albums stacked on my turntable with a 3ft speaker on each side of my bed and sleep in dreamland.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

To get a goodnight's sleep:

Smoke up, play some video games or something else you enjoy doing a lot, and then fall asleep to The Moody Blues' Days of Future Passed.
Stiggs
Knife
Knife

Techno?!

Post by Stiggs »

If you like techno, then there's a chance you've heard of a group of 2 DJs calling themselves "Daft Punk." I've been a fan of them for about 3 or 4 years now. Their most recent CD, Discovery, I think is a work of art. It's a great album, a new favorite of mine.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I hate Daft Punk. They're old album, what was it's name again? it had Da Funk and Around the World On it? Come on, what was it called?

Anyway, that album was better than their latest work, but still nothing special.
Stiggs
Knife
Knife

It was called...

Post by Stiggs »

Their first album (I think it's their first, not 100% sure) was called "Homework." That was my first taste of Daft Punk, I became interested after hearing "Around The World" which was catchy at first, I remember hearing it on some Summertime MTV Beach thing. The rest of the cd is much better, very experimental and different. Their newer albums become more focused, so just like PF, the old and new have a different overall style and become more refined in the end, but there are those who prefer the old school stuff.

But then again most people don't like techno in the first place...the Trance PF stuff really, really sucks.
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

Their first album (I think it's their first, not 100% sure) was called "Homework."
I actually bought that, when it came out. Hated it, and sold it to friend who liked it, oh well... :roll:
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Unfortunately, I only have one CD player in my room, heh heh.

Yes: 90125. 8)

Pearl Jam: Ten. :)

Metallica: Metallica. :twisted:

Oh yes.
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

O.k., now i got an MP3 deck, I've got in it: A mixed cd of the CSNY show I went to last year, some 1980's hair metal, Twisted sister, quiet riot etc, some old school rap/hiphop/funk type, like NWA, Public enemy Parliament Funkadelic, and some old classic rock including floyd, the stones, beatles, Led Zep and so on.
dgsyd1
Knife
Knife

Post by dgsyd1 »

Been listening to a lot of Nick Drake lately. If you listen to all three albums released during his lifetime in a row, it makes for an extremely rewarding couple of hours. Each album has a differant feel to it, but they're all very unique.