Densmore Wants Former Band Mates to Change Their Name

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Densmore Wants Former Band Mates to Change Their Name

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

"The Doors are Jim, John, Ray and Robbie," John Densmore says. "I don't care if they call themselves 'former members of the Doors,' 'the Hinges' or 'the Windows.' I just want clarity. I don't want deception."

"The performances and advertising by the defendants as the Doors has resulted in substantial confusion to fans," read the complaint filed by his attorney, Jerome Mandel. "That there has been a drummer playing with that band who is not John Densmore has minimized and diminished the reputation and stature of Densmore by causing people to believe that he was not, and is not, an integral and respected part of the Doors."

Source: http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsar ... ?nid=17490

Thoughts?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Jim Morrison gave The Doors their name I think. They were, as a band, doing new stuff on the old sunset strip but I think, like Pink Floyd, each member brought somethign unique to the table. It is because of this that the "musicians" in the band were not just "musicians" but an integral creatuve part and force respectively in the band. It is because of this that I think the remaining "Doors" should be allowed - and it is quite right for them to do - to carry on using the name or title they have been working under for so long!!

This discussion will not turn into a Gilmour bashing session.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

You do not think it is deceptive for two former members of the band to claim they are The Doors, the band that was formerly made up of Jim, John, Ray and Robbie?

So even if just Ray Manzarek wanted to tour as The Doors and none of the other original members did, it is ok for Ray to tour under that slogan simply because he was a part of the former magic that was the result of ALL four members?

This re-formation is a major sell-out and a disgrace to the legacy of The Doors, in my opinion.
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:You do not think it is deceptive for two former members of the band to claim they are The Doors, the band that was formerly made up of Jim, John, Ray and Robbie?

So even if just Ray Manzarek wanted to tour as The Doors and none of the other original members did, it is ok for Ray to tour under that slogan simply because he was a part of the former magic that was the result of ALL four members?

This re-formation is a major sell-out and a disgrace to the legacy of The Doors, in my opinion.
Roger should tour as Pink Floyd.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

I would be furious if Robert Plant and Jimmy Page decided to tour as Led Zeppelin, or if Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr toured as The Beatles.

Is nothing sacred anymore?
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:I would be furious if Robert Plant and Jimmy Page decided to tour as Led Zeppelin, or if Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr toured as The Beatles.

Is nothing sacred anymore?
Look at the world around you and then tell me.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

And what is that supposed to mean?
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

It's a big, bad world out there, I guess. :?
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:And what is that supposed to mean?
It means LOOK AT THE WORLD AROUND YOU AND TELL ME IF ANYTHING IS STILL SACRED.