Anyone play guitar-I need some advise

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Anyone play guitar-I need some advise

Post by quicksilver »

I am planning on purchasing an electric guitar. I've been playing acoustic for probably 15 years but would like to explore the electric a bit. I would love to buy a Strat but probably out of reach. I would like a medium priced guitar, something I could grow into a little. Anyone have any suggestions as far as brands go or maybe on which to stay away from?
mosespa

Re: Anyone play guitar-I need some advise

Post by mosespa »

quicksilver wrote:I am planning on purchasing an electric guitar. I've been playing acoustic for probably 15 years but would like to explore the electric a bit. I would love to buy a Strat but probably out of reach. I would like a medium priced guitar, something I could grow into a little. Anyone have any suggestions as far as brands go or maybe on which to stay away from?

Dude...you can buy a Stratocaster for about $350. And THAT'S about the middle of mid-price. Granted, it's nothing but a stock factory Stratocaster, but there's nothing wrong with that.

If that still is too far out of your financial grasp, look into Fenders SQUIRE series of guitars. You should be able to get a Squire Stratocaster for about $200.

And there's really not much difference worth mentioning.
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

These days, the quality of cheap guitars is amazing. You could by the cheapest Squire and take it into the studio or on stage and get good results as long as it's had a good set up.
Richter_M.
Knife
Knife

Post by Richter_M. »

Ditto, go for a squire. Fender as a whole is good if you're looking for decent quality at a relatively low price. I love my Fender acoustic electric 12-string, such a beautiful instrument...and I got a decent deal on it as well.