Great White guitarist

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Great White guitarist

Post by flashback »

Lead guitarist for the group Great White missing in Rhode Island nightclub fire and presumed dead.65 known dead and many more missing, well over 100 injured.The death toll is expected to rise.The bands pryotechnics are thought to have cause the fire.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Seen that on the news today. Terrible tragedy.
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

Yes, this a terrible tragedy. Great White had just recently played here in Milwaukee in late January and apparently had a close call as well with the pyro. In both cases it looks like the club owner let the band go ahead with the show without a special license that would be required for the use of that type pyro. THis license would probably require on site people to test the system first etc.

Between this, the Chicago nightclub fire and the poor girl that underwent the heart/lung transplant this has been a tragic week.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

What stuff did Great White do, i've never heard of them
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

They're not popular, just a northeastern US localish band i believe
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

They aren't that great. They had a few mainstream singles in the 80's... kind of a hair band.

The only great thing they ever done was a really great Live tribute record to Led Zeppelin.. the lead singer sounded just like Plant and the lead guitarist was really smokin. It's a really good listen..

Other than that they really didn't do any real good music, imo.
pfco

Post by pfco »

Great White did "Once Bitten, Twice Shy" and "Rock Me." I think they had a Grammy nomination in 1990.

Sandy
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

pfco wrote:Great White did "Once Bitten, Twice Shy"
Ian Hunter wrote "Once Bitten, Twice Shy." Great White just did a cover of it in the late '80s. ********* *********** *********** **********:roll:

EDITED BY ADMIN - post undertones against forum rules.
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

pfco wrote:Great White did "Once Bitten, Twice Shy" and "Rock Me." I think they had a Grammy nomination in 1990.

Sandy
nice research work :lol: :wink:

They were like a really bad hair band... not that any hair bands were good or even remotely great. A few friends of mine saw them with Poison and some other hair bands about two years ago... said their stage setup included a cardboard cut out hung up behind them with the words, "GREAT WHITE" spray painted on it..

But if any of you guys like Zeppelin I highly suggest you download some of the tunes off that Great White tribute live record... the arrangements of the songs sound really identical to Zepp... it's almost scary. Really good stuff.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

:roll: The ZEP tribute album is worth hearing. I read there latest live album that just came out a few months ago only sold 460 copies so far.
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

opps, i guess i was wrong, i said they were a local east coast band, my apologies
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

madcap69 wrote: I read there latest live album that just came out a few months ago only sold 460 copies so far.

That isn't good news.