Paul McCartney

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Paul McCartney

Post by Keith Jordan »

I just got two tickets to see Paul McCartney!!! Weh hey!!!! :lol:
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

Lucky you.

I would love to see McCartney live. In fact, the only two people I want to see live are him and Roger Waters.
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

Have fun!

I've got his DVD and it's great. That guy has as much energy as he did 40 years ago and he still sounds good. I heard they added a third date to the Earls Court shows (April 21st) and according to one of the many thousands of rumors flying around, Dave Gilmour may make a surprise appearance at one of those shows; don't hold your breath though.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Can't say i've ever been a fan of paul mcartny's post beatles stuff (can anyone say Wings?) and i feel it's a disrgrace that he performs Lennon songs like Revolution at his live gigs.

But hey, who cares, good for you, i'm happy for you keith because you actually got tickets to see someone you want to see, i hope you enjoy the gig.

So is your bird getting your other ticket or something? :D
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

:? Dang, sounds like fun, enjoy?
dgsyd1
Knife
Knife

Post by dgsyd1 »

As far as I'm aware, the only time Paul has played any John Lennon songs live on stage (apart from in the 60's) was in 1990. He played a medley of John Lennon songs first at a gig in Liverpool and again at Knebworth, the songs being "Help", "Strawberry Fields Forever", and "Give Peace A Chance".
He played "Something" during last years US tour as a tribute to George Harrison, and he played his own song "Here Today" as a tribute to John Lennon. But I'm pretty sure he has never played "Revolution" live at any time.
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

Sounds Great--he always gives a good show. I have not sen Paul live since the Wings over America Tour in 1976! :lol: