More Maths homework for David Smith

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!

Should David Smith have more maths homework

Yes this week and every week
29%
Yes just this week
No votes
No let him do what he does in his spare time
71%

Total votes: 7

drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

More Maths homework for David Smith

Post by drafsack »

Last week I gave David Smith some Binary homework as he had never heard of the binary number system, and I promised him a ROIO of his choice from my trade list. Even though he got them all wrong at first he tried them again, and with a big hint, managed to get them right. So the question is should David have more maths homework as he should really know about binary systems (afterall it was compulsary when I was at school in the 70's) or should we let him do what most 16 year olds do with their spare time.

You Decide
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Well, from a purely sycophantic point of view, the latter! :lol:
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Just took a look at the poll, thanks a lot guys, great to know who's popular with the people on this forum :x

I say bring it on if you want, although cause of his age that Dave Mathews guy should try to, make it like a competition between us.

But what can i say? i no longer do maths cause i hate the subject so much, so you managed ot teach me more worthwhile stuff there than any of my maths teachers did in the last couple of years. I can barely even remember trignometry, and since when did that get you Pink Floyd stuff.

Infact, how does knowlege of trignometry e.t.c benefit anyone. I can't think of any situations when i would need it.

Although it's the same with the binery system, anyway, bring it on :o

sycophantic? my english could be checked to, but what the hell does that mean?

With my knowedge I am a statement against drinking at a young age.
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

let me do what most 16 year olds do in their spare time, just kidding. i dont get the binary system at all, and it seems very outdated. however, i would be happy to challenge David to some other kinds of math, history, latin, chemistry, theology, problems. i have a little bit of spare time, so ill do it. math would be good, especially algebra 2, which is what im in right now, or geometry, that was easy.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

God challenges taking place over the forum, what next, forum awards or something?

Actually yeah i think this could be ok, although do me or dave mathews fan get a roio every week or something? Oh, and no latin cause i can't speak it.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Actually yeah i think this could be ok, although do me or dave mathews fan get a roio every week or something?
I will put a couple of questions up in this thread and whoever gets the most right gets the ROIO.

At the moment its 50/50 on whether you should have more homework so this could be your last chance to get a ROIO.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

David Smith wrote:sycophantic? my english could be checked to, but what the hell does that mean?
A self-seeking, fawning parasite. Just wanted to use the word. :arrow:
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

Although i believe that David should do what he wants in his spare time, I suggest that whoever (whomever) wins gun duel at dawn wins all PF Roio's in existence!
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

:twisted: Pistols, ten paces, Ohhhh..... this would be so great. HA...HA...HA... :twisted:
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

David Smith wrote:Oh, and no latin cause i can't speak it.
understandable, i wish i couldnt, its the dumbest language ever, but i still have to take it junior year to get my credits fulfilled. what classes do you take?
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Over here we got highers (A levels to you english) with which i'm taking highers in English, Modern Studies, History, Media Studies and Photography. Don't ask why i chose that lot cause i dunno, better than maths and physics anyway.

Oh, we do German and French but not Latin here.

What you studying?
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

That's funny, 'cause I did English Lit., Media Studies and Photography at A level. Oh, and General Studies, but I only went to one lesson. :lol:
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

im a sophomore, which means i have two more years till i graduate, and im taking regular latin 2, honors algebra 2, theology 2 (catholic school), honors world history, honors english, and honors chemistry, its a tough schedule, which is why i dont make that good of grades
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

madcap69 wrote::twisted: Pistols, ten paces, Ohhhh..... this would be so great. HA...HA...HA... :twisted:
Shooting other members is against the forum rules. :shock:
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

DaveMatthewsFan wrote:im a sophomore, which means i have two more years till i graduate, and im taking regular latin 2, honors algebra 2, theology 2 (catholic school), honors world history, honors english, and honors chemistry, its a tough schedule, which is why i dont make that good of grades
That really is a tough schedule. Kudos on the Theology, I too studied that way back when, and still do to this day as I volunteer to teach High Shool students as they prepare for confirmation. Now I had to take Latin classes in grade school . SALVEO