Martin Scorcese and Francis Ford Coppola rock

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!

What's the best, The Godfather Part 1, 2, or 3?

The Godfather Part 1
33%
The Godfather Part 2
No votes
The Godfather Part 3
No votes
Something else
22%
I am in the mafia
22%
Fuggedaboudit
22%

Total votes: 9

Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

The Indiana Jones film I enjoy the most is Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom. Great film, rollercoaster ride - plus there aren't any goddam Nazis in it (I'm half German, so I get very touchy about that sort of thing :lol: ).
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

Feeling Very Pink wrote:Apocalypse Now has the best sound editing of any film ever. It's amazing! :shock:
The Apocalypse Now soundtrack is done by Mickey Hart and Billy Kreutzmann the drummers for the Grateful Dead. All of thos strange sounds and noise (except human and animal/insect ones, of course) are done by those two. You should check out the soundtrack
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Oh yeah, I heard that they were drummers. Cool. The rain in the forest (or should that be country?) is particularly impressive. Very rich and deep, satisfying, real.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

Dave Smith,when I was talking about Saving Private Ryan I ment how real the beach scenes were.Really all the death scenes. By the way I'm of German-English-ScottsIrish bloodline myself.I also saw on tele that they did a DNA test on Scottish men and found that like 75percent were of Viking decent.
Last edited by flashback on Sat Mar 01, 2003 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

Feeling Very Pink wrote:Oh yeah, I heard that they were drummers. Cool. The rain in the forest (or should that be country?) is particularly impressive. Very rich and deep, satisfying, real.
Actually, you got it right the first time--it is a "rainforest" in most of the southeastasia that the fighting was in and it was also jungle.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

flashback wrote:I also saw on tele that they did a DNA test on Scottish men and found that like 75percent were of Viking decent.
Bloody hell, who would have thought it?

And yeah, i have to say that beach scene was brilliantly done.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

I believe they were looking for a precurser that fathers pass to thier sons,that how they were able to trace it.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

Feeling Very Pink wrote:I'm half German, so I get very touchy about that sort of thing :lol: ).
You shouldn't.

"Just as there is no such thing as a collective or racial mind, so there is no such thing as a collective or racial achievement. There are only individual minds and individual achievements--and a CULTURE is not the anonymous product of undifferentiated masses, but the sum of the intellectual achievements of individual men."

- Ayn Rand (Born in RUSSIA just prior to the Russian Revolution!)
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Yeah, and also you're not a nazi.

Or are you? :shock:
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

What kind of Nazi would post that quote? :lol:
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

A nazi who hates the steryotypes of nazis that make them out to be cold savages as opposed to fun loving yet flawed human beings. The Indianana Jones nazis maybe looked a bit to pathetic and unhappy. And of course the generals always looked like jokes.

May not be true to real life. Who knows? Could just be Hollywood propaganda.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Are you implying that perhaps Nazis believed in individualism? Bloody hell, mate...

:lol:
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

No, i'm merely implying nazis may have had a jolly good time back in 1939 :D It wasn't all guns and strange men with whips.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

No, I'm not a Nazi. I'm slightly more left than that! Cool uniforms, though. :wink:
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

Clerks is such a brilliant movie, i cant even describe it, ever since i stole it from my friend ive watched it at least 15 times. its halarious, deep, and raises alot of questions. it is definitly the best Kevin Smith film

As for Saving Private Ryan, i liked it very much, but i didnt feel it went deep enough into the characters, it seemed to be holding back alot for some reason, it seemed to hold back alot that steven spielberg would never ever shoot, but stanley kubrick did. thats why i enjoyed Full Metal Jacket so much, because it took most aspects of vietnam and put them in the movie

What does everyone here think about movies like American Pie and Fast Times at Ridgemont High? ill admit theyre not incredible movies, but i still love watching them. they have so many memorable characters and theyre just great. what do you all think?