And they're off...

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

And they're off...

Post by Keith Jordan »

Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

The headline for the article is:

War has not begun says Hoon

---

Did they change it?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Hoon said war has not begun and that is the new news!! The Americans are saying it has sort of started with military hardware being destroyed to prepare the way for ground forces. Surface to surface missiles were targeted and destroyes yesterday I think which is a change in policy.

Looks like they are buklding up now...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle ... 816167.stm
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Sorry, this war is truelly pointless and barbaric. America and Britain both have weapons to, so what's so bad about Iraq having them?

Iraq are a threat? Yeah, that's why it's America that's doing all the threatning.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

:twisted: WELL THEN THEY MIGHT NOT GIVE US THE OIL!!!!!! :twisted:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

David Smith wrote:Sorry, this war is truelly pointless and barbaric. America and Britain both have weapons to, so what's so bad about Iraq having them?

Iraq are a threat? Yeah, that's why it's America that's doing all the threatning.

I seriously hope that is not a serious question David. Seriously! We do not use our weapons on our own people for no apparent reason. Saddam does and wipes out races of people. He is a despot. A threat to his countrymen, women and children. He is a threat to world stability and natural order. He is a cancer that needs removing promptly.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

The reason Iraq isn't supposed to have the weapons is because they agreed not to at the end of the first Gulf War.Everybody should have seen this coming when Iraq was giving 1 last chance at the UN.It was suppose to turn over all WMDs and as of yet they have not.It could end today if they would but it won't.Remember they gased the Kurds.The ruling party is actually a minority in Iraq.The borders of Iraq was set by the UK even when they knew the people were of 3 different groups.Iraq has killed more of thier own than anybody else.It should actually be split into 3 parts but it won't be.
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

the war is too risky for the US, i mean, if it happened, it would probably hurt our oil supplies, and it will cost too much to fill up our hulking SUVS!! dont worry, i have one, and im sure someone else on this board does too, and i feel kinda guilty, but oh well, it wasnt my decision to get it
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

It doesn't matter what the little guy thinks,Bush hade us going to war before 9-11 just looking for a reason.Will probally cost 500 billion before it's all said and done.Doesn't matter now the country is going down the tube.So far back in hole money wise they think thier ahead.If your rich you can look forward to some tax breaks though like that is going to help everybody.
resplendent
Embryo
Embryo

Post by resplendent »

Hmmm. Iz it about oil? Iz it about weapons? Methinx its about the freedom to post your opinions without facing the death penalty.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

The troubles for the US economy and those other large economies around the world will be much greater with supply side shocks from hikes in oil prices than would be the expenditure on what I believe to be a moral and worthy cause - war with the Iraq Armed Forces and political leaders. Wipe the all out I say. In one felt swoop. The world doesnt need that sort of evil. Wiping them out is evil in itself so is a terrible contradiction in terms but I believe it to be a lesser evil and one evil must be chosen. :cry:
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

Tommy wrote:the war is too risky for the US, i mean, if it happened, it would probably hurt our oil supplies, and it will cost too much to fill up our hulking SUVS!! dont worry, i have one, and im sure someone else on this board does too, and i feel kinda guilty, but oh well, it wasnt my decision to get it
I drive a sensible Honda Accord. 30 miles to the gallon!! WOOOOHOOOOOOO!

LOL. ;)
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

kjnpf wrote:The troubles for the US economy and those other large economies around the world will be much greater with supply side shocks from hikes in oil prices than would be the expenditure on what I believe to be a moral and worthy cause - war with the Iraq Armed Forces and political leaders. Wipe the all out I say. In one felt swoop. The world doesnt need that sort of evil. Wiping them out is evil in itself so is a terrible contradiction in terms but I believe it to be a lesser evil and one evil must be chosen.
Keith, while I adore you more than you'll ever know (haha) and would give anything you say a fair chance...what you're saying is pretty damn near impossible. I mean...no matter how many "evil" people you "wipe out" there will always be more and more and more. It's a battle that cannot truly ever be won. I have mixed feelings on the whole war thing myself (difficult to let go of my peace and love ideals--as unrealistic as that is!!)--and while I agree that Saddam should become road kill...it just seems that he's not going to be the only evil person manufacturing weapons of mass destruction and killing his own people...there will be another in his foot steps, and so on. It's really a catch 22. And I for one want to know why he wasn't assasinated (sp.?) in the Gulf War...I know that is illegal, but the U.S. government is mostly corrupt anyway, why couldn't they have just offed him and kept quiet about it??? Blah blah blah...I need more coffee. Heh.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

To be honest, I am sure it would be cheaper to hire the maffia to sort him out! Seriously as well. In and out. Or perhaps a lone SAS man. :?:
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

kjnpf wrote:
David Smith wrote:Sorry, this war is truelly pointless and barbaric. America and Britain both have weapons to, so what's so bad about Iraq having them?

I seriously hope that is not a serious question David. Seriously! We do not use our weapons on our own people for no apparent reason. Saddam does and wipes out races of people. He is a despot. A threat to his countrymen, women and children. He is a threat to world stability and natural order. He is a cancer that needs removing promptly.

I couldn't agree with you more Keith. Saddam has used power drills to cut peoples tongues off! IN one case he used it on a young boy infront of his parents. He's used chemicals to disfigure people in villiages... all kinds of crazy things.. he for sure needs to be taken care of.

On our local news they showed a man who was born and raised in Iraq and now lives over here. He said that he prays everyday that the USA attacks Iraq. He said that he gets emails from his friends who live in Iraq who said they are praying for the same thing, that they are willing to die during this war just so future generations will not have to live under the ruling of Saddam.