And they're off...

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

[quote="Real Pink in the Inside"][quote="NewEarthMud"]
The Clinton administration had an opportunity to kill Osama Bin Laden at one point.. Clinton and his officials were asked if the military could act... take out Bin Laden. At that time he chose not to do so..[/quote]

Not true.

When the American embassies in the East African cities of Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, were attacked in 1998 in coordinated truck bombings, the Clinton Administration approved retaliatory cruise missile strikes against bin Laden's alleged mountain stronghold and several of his known training camps. The attacks succeeded in destroying several key targets, but Bin Laden escaped.

[quote]Look what happened on Sept. 11. It maybe could have been prevented if things were taken care of in the previous administration.[/quote]

Since when did the Bush Administration get Osama Bin Laden? I want Bin Laden dead, but to act like Clinton was incompetent for not taking out Osama Bin Laden is rather silly. Everybody in this great country wants OBL dead, and has since 9/11. However, Bush has been unable to obtain him, so why does everyone think Clinton should have been able to take out OBL when VIRTUALLY EVERYONE IN THE COUNTRY DID [u]NOT[/u] EVEN KNOW WHO OSAMA BIN LADEN WAS?

It has been over a year and a half since 9/11 and Osama Bin Laden is still free to make threatening audiotapes. Bush hasn't been able to get OBL with all this support and effort put into getting him, and people actually think Clinton should have got OBL with an IOTA of the support and resources Bush currently has at his disposal?

Nobody foresaw 9/11, least of all President Bush or else he would have made getting Osama Bin Laden a top priority BEFORE September 11th, 2001. You can't fault Clinton [u]OR[/u] Bush for NOT having "Take Out Osama Bin Laden" at the top of their agenda PRIOR TO 9/11.

[quote]So I think it's fine to do this... I know that I DO NOT want Saddam to attack US FIRST and kill thousands of people before we take action against him. Then it will be too late.[/quote]

Iraq does not have the capability to attack us and they never will thanks to UN resolutions.

The thing that bothers me about Iraq is that it is not very clear exactly why we need to take care of Iraq with WAR. There has to be a better solution.

I don't want to see any American soldiers die for essentially nothing.

[quote]I DO NOT trust Saddam Hussein.[/quote]

Nobody does.[/quote]Then why not just nuke Iraq off the map we could do that :evil:
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

madcap69 wrote:Then why not just nuke Iraq off the map we could do that :evil:
Do you have any idea how many innocent people would be killed? About 24 MILLION people live in Iraq...

24 million is 8000 times 3000 (Roughly the amount of people killed by terrorists on 9/11)
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Out of intrest, America tried to prove that hte taliban weren't behind 9/11 and it was really the alciuda (or however it's spelt) so doesn't that mean they killed loads of innocent people for no reason?

Oh, it was Jack Straw that admitted there were no links by the way, so America pretended to kill loads of innocent people to justify themselves.
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

Yes actually RPITI... Clinton did have the opp. to kill Bin Laden and chose not to do so. Look it up.

Look at who we captured... Khalid Sheikh Mohammed whom is a VERY important person in Al Qaeda and knows where Bin Laden is. This guy that we captured we didn't think we would capture as quickly as we did. We've got his kids, we're gonna interrogate him and I honestly believe, along with other FBI Agents and members of the CIA believe that Bin Laden will be caught very soon.

Now I've always heard that it was gonna be a long, difficult struggle to find Bin Laden. Now they are saying that they expect to find him soon.

As far as Iraq goes... we've gotta take Saddam out and we will. We don't want to leave our problems for future administrations.
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

NewEarthMud wrote:Yes actually RPITI... Clinton did have the opp. to kill Bin Laden and chose not to do so. Look it up.

Look at who we captured... Khalid Sheikh Mohammed whom is a VERY important person in Al Qaeda and knows where Bin Laden is. This guy that we captured we didn't think we would capture as quickly as we did. We've got his kids, we're gonna interrogate him and I honestly believe, along with other FBI Agents and members of the CIA believe that Bin Laden will be caught very soon.

Now I've always heard that it was gonna be a long, difficult struggle to find Bin Laden. Now they are saying that they expect to find him soon.

As far as Iraq goes... we've gotta take Saddam out and we will. We don't want to leave our problems for future administrations.
You really think that he's gonna give in and tell them where Bin Liner is?? Even if they do have his kids. These guys will die for what they believe in and their kids probably believe the same thing.
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed also was involved in the World Trade Center bombings.. And was also involved obviously with the attacks of Sept 11... a huge part of that attack.

There is progress being made. Bin Laden will be next..

Even if we capture Bin Laden, RPITI and David Smith.. people like that... will still have negative things to say about the government and how this administration is rubbish.

:)
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

NewEarthMud wrote:Khalid Sheikh Mohammed also was involved in the World Trade Center bombings.. And was also involved obviously with the attacks of Sept 11... a huge part of that attack.

There is progress being made. Bin Laden will be next..
Although it may seem optimistic, I think we will have OBL by the end of this year (The latest news is reassuring). I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is to have expected Clinton to have taken out OBL when Bush has not been able to take him out after all this time and effort...
will still have negative things to say about the government and how this administration is rubbish.
Hopefully John Kerry will be in power soon enough :lol:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

It would be nice if some people from Iraq or surrounding countries would post their opinions on Iraq and the current situation it is facing from the west and the UN.
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

John Kerry has no chance of winning, thank God
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

If Al Gore could win the popular vote, John Kerry certainly can (He won't lose his own state...That's for sure).

I think John Kerry or John Edwards will win the next election.
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

No way, man. This war will be a short, successful one. We may capture Bin Laden soon. If even ONE of those two things prove to be true eventually.. you can bet ole Dubya is in for another term.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

As far as Sadam linked to Osama and them not helping each other there is an old saying that My Enemies Enemy is My Friend.The both hate us so I bet they would put thier differences aside for now to battle us.Somebody said it isn't our fight to them I say if the USA had said that during WW2 the Brits and French would be speaking German now.Sometimes you do have to stand for somethig if not you'll far for anything.As far as the way Germany is acting since WW2 they haven't had any balls.Sadam would give Osama weapons of mass destruction if he thought they could hit us,and after 9-11 he probally thinks that.I'm no war monger but at a point you have to make a stand.If the UN don't backup 1441 with force it will become illrelevent.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

NewEarthMud wrote:No way, man. This war will be a short, successful one. We may capture Bin Laden soon. If even ONE of those two things prove to be true eventually.. you can bet ole Dubya is in for another term.
Bush's father lost his re-election bid after the Gulf War was a success...

Clinton didn't win his re-election bid just because he caught Timothy McVeigh...
Last edited by Real Pink in the Inside on Wed Mar 05, 2003 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

flashback wrote:As far as Sadam linked to Osama and them not helping each other there is an old saying that My Enemies Enemy is My Friend..
Are we "friends" with Osama Bin Laden because Hussein is one of his enemies? No.

Are we "friends" with Iraq because they hate Osama Bin Laden? No.

Do you know what I mean?

It is possible they might team up to fight us, but it's unlikely.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

NewEarthMud wrote: Even if we capture Bin Laden, RPITI and David Smith.. people like that... will still have negative things to say about the government and how this administration is rubbish.
Ok, well over a year ago America promised to capture Bin laden, well what do you know, they bombed his area for months and didn't get him, although they killed more civilians than were killed in the world trade centre attack.

And what? They're going to try again with sadame hussaine who's yet to perform an attack. How do they hope to get him? If they couldn't get Binladen and rumour has it he was running off on a camel, then how can you trust them to capture mr Hassaine? Especially with the bombs?