And they're off...

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:
Bong wrote: Clinton wasn't re-elected because he didn't run. If I'm not mistaken you are not allowed more than 2 consecutive terms in the presidential office.
Uhh...Clinton won his re-election bid after his first term. During his first term Timothy McVeigh was caught. Clinton did not win his re-election after his first term simply because he caught the terrorist responsible for the worst terrorist attack on US soil up to that point...
O.k., i got you i just misread the firsttime
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

SydsMadcapGirl wrote:And not only am I am American, but I live in friggin Texas. We've got it BAD here. Can't wait to get out of this state.
how do you not like texas?? its one of the coolest states (i live in texas). sorry, i just realy like parts of it, particularly austin and houston. i guess actually there are alot of bad places, so i could see how you hate it :D
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

Tommy wrote:
how do you not like texas?? its one of the coolest states (i live in texas). sorry, i just realy like parts of it, particularly austin and houston. i guess actually there are alot of bad places, so i could see how you hate it :D
Texas is NOT a cool state. How old are you, just out of curiosity? I dug Texas when I was like 16. But then I was a small town country gal from VA transplanted into a city in TX. The glamour disappeared rather quickly though.

Austin is cool, though, I'll agree to that. Other than that...Texas BLOWS.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

When your in a state that borders Texas how do you know your getting close to Texas?It's easy,all the trees tilt towards Texas cause Texas sucks.
resplendent
Embryo
Embryo

Post by resplendent »

Isnt the south X southwest music fest in Texas. Now thats cool as cool can be.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

And back to the war....
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

:D Evidently theres a war to get out of texas. :lol:
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I just had a thought. sadam has doubles yeah? Well the US can't have any of their blood samples or anything, so would it not be strange if he got them Michael Jackson style plastic surgery and turned them white. They then enter America and become president.

Sadam could have a war with himself :lol:
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

:lol: cute, but not to realistic.
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

"Watching TV...". Had CNN on and Bush was on live. Project Birminham was on the stereo (not purposely, just coincidence) and Sysyphus is playing and the sound was down on the tv but they gave little written blurbs of what he was saying. I'm thinking: this is just what he is doing--pushing that stone that is too large for him over and over again up that damn hill of warmongering. And then, of course, Heartbeat, Pigmeat comes on and it's all over....oh so appropriate. I will now get off of my bully pulpit and find a pail to vomit into......arrrrrrgh! :x :x :cry: :cry:
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

David Smith wrote:I just had a thought. sadam has doubles yeah? Well the US can't have any of their blood samples or anything, so would it not be strange if he got them Michael Jackson style plastic surgery and turned them white. They then enter America and become president.

Sadam could have a war with himself :lol:
Eh??? yeh...maybe. that's kind of an interesting way to look at it. seems realistic and attainable to ,me... :roll: :roll: :P
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

SydsMadcapGirl wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Texas is NOT a cool state. How old are you, just out of curiosity? I dug Texas when I was like 16. But then I was a small town country gal from VA transplanted into a city in TX. The glamour disappeared rather quickly though.

Austin is cool, though, I'll agree to that. Other than that...Texas BLOWS.
im 16, and i dig it :D
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

My brother lives in Leander, outside of Austin. Says that Austin is great but just outside is all bible belt and frightening. I have nothing against the bible but these people appear to be just radical facists.

I have never been to TX, so i don't know firsthand.
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

grateful pink wrote:My brother lives in Leander, outside of Austin. Says that Austin is great but just outside is all bible belt and frightening. I have nothing against the bible but these people appear to be just radical facists.

I have never been to TX, so i don't know firsthand.
yea, theres some freaky bible belt people outside of austin, but no usually around leander. outside of the city is where people start to get weird, no offense, but its true. for example, my family and i went to the best barbeque pit in texas a while ago, and my dad had to bring his own beer because it was a dry county, meaning that alcohol isnt sold in the county lines, but can be brought it. there is some religious fanatics in the country area, but not in Austin
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

Looks like the USA & Great Brition are going to give Iraq 10 days to come clean or get the s-it kicked out of them.It looks like it will happen with or without the UN backing.Them French don't want a resolution that tells Sadam to come clean or else. What a bunch of sissies.If the USA & GB didn't have troops threating Iraq now we wouldn't have got as much cooperation out of Iraq as we have.The French even say this,it's a shame they haven't got any backbone.You see they didn't get a UN resolition when they went into the Ivory Coast.I guess they got to many contracts with Iraq to take a chance on maybe losing them,it's all about the $ to them.