Astrology and Pink Floyd

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Astrology and Pink Floyd

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

Since this is David Gilmour's birthday, I thought it would be timely to bring up something that's intrigued me ever since I found out the birthdays of the Floyd. (For the purpose of this thread, I'm using Floyd after Syd left and before Roger left.) David's birthday is exactly 6 months opposite Roger's (September 6). Nick's birthday (January 27) is almost exatly opposite Rick's (July 28 ). They are also the only band that I know of where each member is a specific astrological element...I believe this is depicted in the drawing in the four quadrants of the circle behind the robot shaking hands in the WYWH artwork...earth (Roger), air (Nick), water (David) and fire (Rick).

Also, if you go back to Syd's birthday (January 6), his is exactly 4 months from Roger's and 2 months from David's.

Don't ask me what all this means as I'm not an astrologer; I only have a somewhat superficial interest in it, but I do find it fascinating. If there ever was a band that could somehow draw on each personality's elements to create an alchemical mixture, it would be Pink Floyd.

Any astrologers out there?
Last edited by Pugs on the Wing on Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

That's genuinely interesting. I guess most people have a superficial interest in astrology. Who doesn't look at a horoscope from time to time? I'll look into this... :)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Astrology rocks!!! :D
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

Michelangelo's birthday is also today (I noticed because of Google.com).

BTW, astrology is rubbish :lol:
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote: BTW, astrology is rubbish :lol:

I disagree
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

NewEarthMud wrote:
Real Pink in the Inside wrote: BTW, astrology is rubbish :lol:

I disagree
I disagree.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

[quote="Bong"][quote="NewEarthMud"][quote="Real Pink in the Inside"]
BTW, astrology is rubbish :lol:[/quote]

I disagree[/quote]
I disagree.[/quote]
I agree
kaya
Axe
Axe

Post by kaya »

I FIND AStROLOGY FASCINATING. but i don't belive in (daily) horoscopes.
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

Bong wrote:
NewEarthMud wrote:
I disagree
I disagree.
I disagree. Now, where are we now, bong?
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

grateful pink wrote:
Bong wrote: I disagree.
I disagree. Now, where are we now, bong?
We disagree.

You believe in astrology.
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

I'm not too sure that i believe in astrology--does not seem to work for me--but noone has proven its truth of falsity to me yet so i will say "could be".
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

I don't know if it is for real or not but it can be funny at times and fun just to read.
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

not a big astrology fan myself, just all coincidental
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Perhaps it's all co-incidental, but I find in interesting that, from an astrological standpoint, the Floyd would then represent something of a "perfect" astrological grouping...with all four elements being represented, the four member's birthdays being so nearly perfectly diagonal, it makes perfect sense that they should be as successful as they have been in that particular grouping.

They had the stars on their side.

Honestly, I feel that astrology serves much the same purpose as religion in general. It's all about trying to explain things using something much greater than "us" as the force in charge.

I'm no physicist, but I do understand that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction...and that every action and every reaction send out waves, whether they are shock waves, radio waves, which then travel outward and affect whatever they come into contact with in some way.

Stars move, planets move and these gigantic bodies give off all kinds of waves when they do, too...and those waves move through space and crash into stuff.

Somtimes, it crashes into OUR planet.............NOW...do you really expect me to believe that that DOES NOT affect us in any way?
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

Mosespa you forgot to add a point: This is my opinion, your results may vary :lol: :D