Ryan Adams

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ryan Adams

Post by Keith Jordan »

What do you all think of him and his music. I have listened to "Dear Chicago" about 35 times today and really like it!! Am I mad? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
resplendent
Embryo
Embryo

Post by resplendent »

I really dig Ryan Adams. Cant find a bad album by the dude. Check out the wWhiskeytown albums. Supposedly hes gotta bit of a bad attitude, but i never met him and dont really care to. As long as his attitude is Make Music its alright with me. He recently played chicago and jammed along with albums on a record player, then let audiece members play albums while he drank at the bar. Sounds cool to me.
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

They play him alot on a local radio station that i listen to. I have never heard a bad song by the guy. I like him as a singer/songwriter type.
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

He was ok when he was big.. but his time over here has kinda passed. I mean he's no longer as popular as he was. In the alternative country scene he's kind of seen as a "sell out".. since he's done a gap commercial...and basically got real popular I suppose.

His latest album Demolition isn't very good imo. It has a song or two on it that's pretty good but nothing compares to the stuff he done on Gold or Heartbreaker.

Whiskeytown was some good honkytonk.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Ok, i hated heartbraker, it was just to full of ballads and corny. Gold however was great, songs like New York, New York (i don't have the album, but i think that was the title) were really good but i felt the album was to long and half of it was to similar to the music of heartbraker.

Demolition is good towards the start IMO (again, i don't know the track names) but because Ryan had originally recorded 3 albums he took the 4 best of each and put them on this, so the songs don't really contrast.

Also if that was the best stuff from his 3 next albums then i'm glad he cut it down to one.