Download DSotM Electronic Press Kit

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Download DSotM Electronic Press Kit

Post by Keith Jordan »

Firstly, I would like to say that I think it is "very rude" (in the style of Roger the hat) that EMI are not making it easy for us to download that electronic press kit for our own personal use and for discussion purposes!!

Secondly, I would like to share with you how to download it!! Hahahahahaha So much for their efforts to stop us!!!

SOFTWARE

You will need a copy of streambox v1.0 beta http://www.dawnload.net/audio_software/ ... ox_vcr.cfm

Install the software on your system and then use one of the "crack" files contained within the downloaded package from the page above. The crack enables the saving of real media streams.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

1 - Download streambox
2 - unzip the file you just downloaded
3 - open the folder that the downloaded file was just unzipped into and unzip the following file: fr_svcr1b31_crack
4 - open the file fr_svcr1b31_crack in the folder with the same name. The second file you just unzipped.
5 - now either drag the vcr file into the programme window or use the ... button to locate the file and then click start.
6 - The programme should no be successfully cracked.
7 - Now open the streambox programme by clicking on the VCR icon in the folder you first unzipped. The programme will now start.
8 - Copy and paste any links you want to download into the programmes main window. Just right click and select paste after you have copied the file url you want to download. A dialogue box will pop up, change where you want the file downloading to the desktop if you like or where ever and click ok.
9 - Now right click on the link you pasted and start the download.
10 - When the download is finished, you have the file. Go an open it!

DOWNLOAD

I recommend the high quality real media as you can "fast forward" through the clip. The bugger will then start downloading the stream to your computer and, when complete, you will have the EPK on your computer!! Weh hey

HIGH QUALITY (45mb)

Windows media video

mms://lonwle.virtuebroadcasting.com/{49C2AF18-694C-4638-8CF8-E425F3E0D8A1}/{E5BD60BC-6889-4D5B-B5EF-750891E3D1C9}/EVN263-w8-250.wmv

Real Media

rtsp://lonrle.virtuebroadcasting.com/{49C2AF18-694C-4638-8CF8-E425F3E0D8A1}/{E5BD60BC-6889-4D5B-B5EF-750891E3D1C9}/EVN263-r8-250.rm

LOW QUALITY (6.5mb)

Windows media video

mms://lonwle.virtuebroadcasting.com/{49C2AF18-694C-4638-8CF8-E425F3E0D8A1}/{E5BD60BC-6889-4D5B-B5EF-750891E3D1C9}/EVN263-w8-34.wmv

Real Media

rtsp://lonrle.virtuebroadcasting.com/{49C2AF18-694C-4638-8CF8-E425F3E0D8A1}/{E5BD60BC-6889-4D5B-B5EF-750891E3D1C9}/EVN263-r8-34.rm
Last edited by Keith Jordan on Mon Apr 21, 2003 2:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

I have a dialup modem so would take too long to d/l. May be coming into some money in the coming months so may go with cable modem or dsl. For now, I can't download any large files :(
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

grateful pink wrote:I have a dialup modem so would take too long to d/l. May be coming into some money in the coming months so may go with cable modem or dsl. For now, I can't download any large files :(
You could just leave it downloading for about 2 or 3 hours and you would get it!! It is on a fast server.
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

i also only have one phone line so I would have to do it at night. I hate when the phone rings anyway!
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

Aaarrrgh. Windows Only Again!!!! :evil:

Grateful Pink, I sympathize. I used to have the exact same problem up until last year. (Well, now I still have the problem with Windows-only programs, but that's a separate issue and I'd rather fight than switch from my Mac :twisted: ) I thought we would never be able to afford high speed internet access, then our landline died and I couldn't even DIALUP...speeds of 4800 kbps...it was like 1989. We didn't want to pay the phone co to repair it, so we just ditched it (we hated that company anyway), got a cellphone instead and got cable internet access *and* digital cable tv (they were running a special deal...they usually do). As it turns out, cable internet + digital cable tv + cellphone (we got the cheapest plans on all of them) is actually CHEAPER than dialup internet + regular cable tv + local calling plan + long distance calling plan. Your distance may vary, but it is something to consider. I never would've considered it--or believed it!--until forced into the situation. And I couldn't be happier...I'm so glad my landline died now!
Fireland
Axe
Axe

Post by Fireland »

You're the best, Keith! I'm downloading the high quality version at the moment. I hope the download goes well...

Cheers!
Bubla
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Bubla »

Hello!
I have a problem with downloading the file. I have downloaded the Streambox and unzipped the crack, when I opened the exe file in it, I was on a screen with "Flying Raichu Super Happy Cat".
I have downloaded the delivery file deliverSmil.smi and dragged it into the window, but it says
"file size/version mismatch"
can you please help me?
Do I have to create the account as is said in VCR.exe file?
Last edited by Bubla on Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

1 - Download streambox
2 - unzip the file you just downloaded
3 - open the folder that the downloaded file was just unzipped into and unzip the following file: fr_svcr1b31_crack
4 - open the file fr_svcr1b31_crack in the folder with the same name. The second file you just unzipped.
5 - now either drag the vcr file into the programme window or use the ... button to locate the file and then click start.
6 - The programme should no be successfully cracked.
7 - Now open the streambox programme by clicking on the VCR icon in the folder you first unzipped. The programme will now start.
8 - Copy and paste any links you want to download into the programmes main window. Just right click and select paste after you have copied the file url you want to download. A dialogue box will pop up, change where you want the file downloading to the desktop if you like or where ever and click ok.
9 - Now right click on the link you pasted and start the download.
10 - When the download is finished, you have the file. Go an open it!
Bubla
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Bubla »

I have moved the vcr file into the programme window and clicked start.
"File successfully patched" message appeared.
When I now click on the VCR file (vcr.exe), it still wants me to create account

"attention, the uncracked version requires to register... this cracked version..."
appears
and the name/e-mail/password windows.

I'm sorry for my stupidity, but I have practice with this.
Last edited by Bubla on Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Bubla wrote:I have moved the vcr file into the programme window and clicked start.
"File successfully patched" message appeared.
When I now click on the VCR file (vcr.exe), it still wants me to create account

either
"attention, the uncracked version requires to register..." in the directory where the file was patched
or
"in order to use.." in the directory where I first unzipped the first zip file I downloaded

appears

I'm sorry for my stupidity, but I have practice with this.
That is odd. Try following the installation rules from the start again. Delete the old unzipped folder and start again. What operating system you using?
Bubla
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Bubla »

I'm using Win98. The folder, where I unzip the crack file be named "fr_svcr1b31_crack"?
praved
Embryo
Embryo

thanks keith

Post by praved »

just started downloading the file ! thanks a lot for the tips. regards
praved :D
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

You download the programme in a zip file. You then unzip this file and,m inside the folder you just unzipped to, there is another zip file you need to unzip. Unzip it and open the crack programme in there and use the ... button to locate the VCR file which is in the main folder. Dont move anything. Then click on start and it will be patched. It will work under Win98.
Bubla
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Bubla »

Yes, it says it is successfully patched, even some "temp" "received" "logs" and other directories appear in the main directory, but when I click on the vcr.exe file then, it says "this cracked version does not conserve with the server..."
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Bubla wrote:Yes, it says it is successfully patched, even some "temp" "received" "logs" and other directories appear in the main directory, but when I click on the vcr.exe file then, it says "this cracked version does not conserve with the server..."
Well I cannot think what may be the matter. Perhaps somebody else will have the same problem and post their solution. Try clicking on the registery file in the crack folder.