Download DSotM Electronic Press Kit

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Bubla
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Bubla »

I'm sorry to have bothered you. I will have to live without it...
I've heard that a documentary on DSOTM is about to be released on DVD. it may feature this pack.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Bubla wrote:I'm sorry to have bothered you. I will have to live without it...
I've heard that a documentary on DSOTM is about to be released on DVD. it may feature this pack.
As EMI have gone to so much trouble to protect the files they are streaming I suspect that may well be the case.
Bubla
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Bubla »

I've made it!!!!
I don't know how, but I am in the programme!
I've copied and pasted the link for Windows Media Low Quality and I'Ve received a small file. Now what should I do with it?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Bubla wrote:I've made it!!!!
I don't know how, but I am in the programme!
I've copied and pasted the link for Windows Media Low Quality and I'Ve received a small file. Now what should I do with it?
I spent some time writing the tutorial above. Perhaps read that!!! :-) I hope the links are right!!!
Bubla
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Bubla »

You have edited it. It's not there now.
[email protected]
Embryo
Embryo

Post by [email protected] »

Wow that Dark Side video is really interesting. Streambox worked for me. I got the file. It had an .asf tag. I changed it to avi and it works in media player. I made a video CD with Nero 5 and... its excellent. I watched it on my DVD player in decent quality.
Thanks a lot
Bubla
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Bubla »

Really. I remember there was something about what to do with the small file, but since you edited it, it ends in pasting the link (which I did)
Bubla
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Bubla »

I've received a file named "EVN263-w8-34.asf", size about 390b.
[email protected]
Embryo
Embryo

Post by [email protected] »

I download the large file (50meg) through stream box. I pasted the link given and after about 20 minds (NTL broadband) I got the file in the recieved folder as EVN263-w8-250.asf
I changed the name to EVN263-w8-250.avi and Nero accepted it and processed it for a VCD.
The VCD lasts about 25 mins and is worth watching. Some good old bits showing floyd in hippy days. The sound is good too.
I would appreciate some hints as to more downloads like this. Big Floyd fan since 60's but favourite CD is Meddle.
rollinder
Blade
Blade

Post by rollinder »

VCR Suite
- already cracked versions, beta 3.0 is recommended for Windows Media files

Streambox faqs & trouble-shooting
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

I hate EMI.
praved
Embryo
Embryo

Post by praved »

good morning. the programme(streambox) is working perfect on my win2k system, download is very slow and needs many attempts to get the file though. (for the good quality one)
cheers [-D-]
Bubla
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Bubla »

Finally I started downloading the video.
I found out that the Real Media links only contain the Deliver Media Playlist file (size<1Kb), but this may be my mistake.
The file from the WM low quality link is only 890b.
Only the file from the WM high quality link starts downloading normally (my modem has lots of work with it right now).

The reason for why did the crack not function was a wrong setting I forgot to fix, so it was just my stupidity. :idea:

My apologies to mr. Keith Jordan, I hope I didn't upset you with my stupid questions/problems. Thanks a lot for making the dowload possible for everybody. :D
drewsterbooster
Embryo
Embryo

Post by drewsterbooster »

Re: EPK for DSoTM..................... I have tried, tried, tried, gone away and come back, tried some more and I still cannot get this to d/l for me.

How are you guys getting this? - all I am getting is the 390kb file. I have read and read Keiths instructions which are obviously OK as most of you seem to be doing it alright.

Me? No way - it never seems straight forward.

So then if anyone can please either point me in the right direction or trade with me for a copy of the high quality VCD that a few of you have done - please get in touch.

Yours in superior dullness! :shock:

Andrew
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

AN IMPORTANT NOTE

I posted the wrong real media links!!! I posted the link for the file which "serves" the stream and not the stream itself. Go back to page one of this thread and follow the instructions again. Sorry about this. It may explain a few problems!!