Download DSotM Electronic Press Kit

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
x-rays
Axe
Axe

Post by x-rays »

I download the EPK... everything works... but the result is bad!
The sound is good, but I don't have a continious image, only screen shots which follow one another...
can anyone help me?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

x-rays wrote:I download the EPK... everything works... but the result is bad!
The sound is good, but I don't have a continious image, only screen shots which follow one another...
can anyone help me?
Either a bad download or you need new software/hardware!!
x-rays
Axe
Axe

Post by x-rays »

I finally managed to download it. Thanks Keith (the problem was all inside speed connection, I think).
But don't you have a tip to download ECHOES EPK?
Troy
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Troy »

I couldn't download streambox (It is a blocked page from my network) - can anyone e-mail it to me?
[email protected]
benryves
Axe
Axe

Post by benryves »

I can't get it. Could someone post a non-streaming version (as mov, even... I want a copy for my non-internetted PC).
It's a restriction in our proxy... could someone please help!

EDIT: Wait... I've tried the RealMedia one, and that seems to be working. Why not the WMV, though? I'd rather have it in WMV...
///M3driver
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ///M3driver »

Great BIG thanks to MR.Keith Jordan for the hints and links and info, just burned a copy to dvd, makes a nice companion to the DSOM dvd gotta get the 5.1 supercd now, thanks again Keith. :P :lol: :D :wink:
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

This is the very reason I found NPF. It led me to the light so to speak. :lol:
ZeroZeroOne
Embryo
Embryo

Solution

Post by ZeroZeroOne »

My first post, be kind. :)

For those of you having problems streaming this, saving this or working with Streambox, I may have a solution. Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

Firstly, this can be streamed if your connection is fast enough. I'm in Los Angeles and avg. 800k/sec downstream on my SDSL so streaming it isn't a problem for me. However, those of you on slower lines may want to save it for faster, uninterrupted viewing or archiving.

For streaming, you can simply copy/paste the URL into Windows Media Player or RealPlayer. For Media Player, select from the menu "File/Open URL..." in RealPlayer, select from the menu "File/Open Location..."

CTRL-L, in both cases. Then simply paste the URL of the file and you're off and running.

As an alternative to Streambox, you can use FlashGet. It's much easier to use (in my opinion) and works for *many* file types and is significantly faster then downloading conventionally. I won't go into all the cool things FlashGet does but it's worth looking into. It's available @ http://www.amazesoft.com/

Once intalled, simply copy the URL of the file you want, paste it into FlashGet and it's all yours in no time. Forget Streambox and all the crazy hacks. It gets the job done but for novices, it's a little cumbersome.

Much thanks for this great clip, I was thrilled to see it and enjoyed seeing the guys discussing the masterpiece, even if Roger is a bitch.