This forum is dead

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Re: This forum is dead

Post by rememberaday »

mosespa wrote:*shrug*?
Probably the most important shrug in the history of shrugs; it brings up your 11000th comment.

You are now officially a fossil.
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Post by davidjay »

npf is only "mostly dead"! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9tAKLTktY0
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Admittedly, I have done some damage (not on purpose). May I at least try to make up for it by, say, spreading the word on Facebook? And not getting into ANY conflicts here, thus not scaring anyone away? I would hate (myself) if the forum did die (and I'm not being sarcastic).

Right now I'm watching at post rate and the list of who's online.
I do feel cold a bit...
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

I'm sending out messages on Facebook (writings on walls).
Scottish Meddle
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Scottish Meddle »

What does this forum needs?

It needs MORE COWBELL
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Where in Scotland are you from, Scottish Meddle?
Scottish Meddle
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Scottish Meddle »

I'm from Glasgow but currently I ain't there.
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

I think one of the problems is that new members do come in here to investigate, but once they see nothing is going on, they're quick to leave. So we can't ever build up a strong, new membership to get things going again.
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

Is there any PF forum that's not dead by now?
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Yea, a fleeting glimpse.
But, I'm not fond of it that much.

Thing about forums these days is that they're mostly "dead" becouse of facebook and gazillion of groups over there that hold the Floyd name.

We used to have alot of fun here, but nowdays it all comes down to couple of loonies who write mostly irrelevant spam.

The grass was greener, the light was brighter...
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

The Yeeshkul forum is ALWAYS an exciting place to be!!!
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

Damn!t wrote: nowdays it all comes down to couple of loonies who write mostly irrelevant spam.
Is that directed towards me? 8-[

The real problem with the forum is that we don't have many members. Sure, the index page says 5438 and counting members, but there maybe only 10 effective posters. Let's face it, the posters I regularly see on this board, in addition to myself, are Moom, Alan, Gunner's Dream (sometimes), Keith, Sniffer and Rosm. Add three or fours members here and there. Back in those "The grass was greener, the light was brighter..." :roll: days, I could name perhaps at least 50 regular users. That's a huge difference.

I think Bran hit the nail on the head. The advent of Facebook means that forums have entered the long long long list of "outdated" things. People find it much more convenient to post generic social comments and socialize on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ ; the "forum" has been relegated to a mere method of discussion that socializing really. We've mostly run out of topics to discuss ages ago, so all that remains is a dull place. The situation could actually be fixed if we had some great new members who would post regularly and not just leave 1 comment like "I want my account keep it" and leave.

Everybody, I'm sure, will agree with me when I say that HeckTo's disappearance was the beginning of the forum's downfall.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

There is a strong correlation with the success of Facebook and the demise of forums as a means of communication. There are 20,000+ on the NPF Facebook page and 5,000+ on NPF's Twitter.

Once the forum reaches a critical point where there are not many posts, the new post rate just drops like lead.

It doesn't help that we have pretty much discussed everything related to Pink Floyd pretty much already.

Looking at the analytics, people are still visiting the site in decent volumes, but there needs to be a sustained amount of new posts to get the ball rolling again. Once my exams are out of the way, I will come up with a summer campaign to revive things a bit.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Keith Jordan wrote:Once my exams are out of the way, I will come up with a summer campaign to revive things a bit.
If I can help, please tell me. I sincerely want to help, okay? :)