Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate This Album

5 - Best
77%
16%
4%
1%
1 - Worst
2%

Total votes: 135

ChickenStu
Axe
Axe

Re: Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

Post by ChickenStu » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:33 pm

This and Fleetwood Mac's Rumours are my two favourite albums ever. And it's Pink Floyd's best. I don't really think there's any contest.

Steel Breeze
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Steel Breeze » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:17 pm

This is my second favourite album, both in my overall list and in the Floyd canon after Wish You Were Here. I've never heard an album that flows better than this one - the segues between individual tracks are brilliant (I especially love the transition between Money and Us And Them). I also think this album is a serious contender for best side two of all time. If I listen to Money even as a standalone track I quite often listen on to the end, but if listen beyond the intro to Us And Them I nearly always listen to all the remaining songs too (When I saw the Australian Pink Floyd Show a few months ago I felt somewhat gratified that they played the last four tracks from the album back to back)! :D

Favourite song would have to be Time - great vocals by David and Rick, great lyrics by Roger, great music by everyone (and an out of this world guitar solo to boot), although I also absolutely love Us And Them, and Brain Damage/Eclipse (I always listen to those two songs together).

Frydas Floyd
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Frydas Floyd » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:27 pm

The best album of all times,in every kind of music.Genious,magnificent,magic,beyond stratosphere!Forever and ever!

twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:52 pm

Slightly off topic -

I do not need yet another copy of DSOTM but Amazon in their infinite wisdom, presumably based on recent searches, thought I did. For amusement, I followed the link and was intrigued to see the album is listed as "The Dark Side Of The Moon (2011 Remastered Version) [Explicit]" ... I guess the profanity warning is for the f-word in the track 'Speak To Me'

](*,)

theaussiefloydian
Blade
Blade

Post by theaussiefloydian » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:38 am

twcc wrote:Slightly off topic -

I do not need yet another copy of DSOTM but Amazon in their infinite wisdom, presumably based on recent searches, thought I did. For amusement, I followed the link and was intrigued to see the album is listed as "The Dark Side Of The Moon (2011 Remastered Version) [Explicit]" ... I guess the profanity warning is for the f-word in the track 'Speak To Me'

](*,)
That's pretty funny actually.

twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:57 am

Slight off topic ...

Whilst looking for something else on the internet, honestly it was not a 'cat' video, I came across this little .gif -

https://twitter.com/i/status/1135649201684172801

Anyone on here ??
:)