Pink Floyd The Endless River

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate this Album

5 - Best
8%
38%
29%
17%
1 - Worst
8%

Total votes: 24

azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Pink Floyd The Endless River

Post by azza200 »

Kerry King wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:37 am
Jimi Dean Barrett wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:47 pm

I'm picking it over anything from their 80's, 90's even late 70's if honest about it.
Why would you NOT be honest about such a thing? Sure, it's totally outrageous to pick it over Animals and The Wall, but so what? Obviously you have heard Animals and The Wall for years and years, over and over again, while The Endless River is still new to you. This has most likely caused you to lose perspective. 20 years from now if you still pick Endless River over Animals and The Wall I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
why is it outrageous? peoples opinions may change over time and y'know maybe become more open minded to other albums and eras of the band with or without waters.

Since TLY box set release i have seen many people who did not like AMLOR or DSOT for prime example who actually like the album now and the newly done concert footage more then they ever did and that tour.
Last edited by azza200 on Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kerry King
Knife
Knife

Post by Kerry King »

azza200 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:49 pm

Rather ignorant imo too you saying
"This has most likely caused you to lose perspective. 20 years from now if you still pick Endless River over Animals and The Wall I'll see you on the dark side of the moon."
LMAO lose perspective of what exactly not being a Roger fanboy fanatic like you. Change the record already there is more to PF then being in the Roger camp and dismissing the material and the band after he left it's so old and pathetic now and extremely boring give it a rest.
Uh... I don't think you're ignorant but in this little conversation between you and I you are the ignorant one. First: you really should read my posts about Waters. What you'll find is the opposite of a fanboy. You completely blew that one.

Second: I used the word "outrageous" in a sort of tongue in cheek way. I assumed Jimi Dean Barrett understood that. He actually seems to have read some of my other posts. Who did you think you were talking to when you said I was in the "Roger camp"? If you're trying to come across as being less ignorant you should be more accurate. Or at least have a discernible sense of humor about it.

Lastly: The Endless River is an afterthought in the pink floyd discography. My "perspective" comment boiled down to this: let's wait until we've heard Endless River as many times as we've heard Animals and The Wall before we start to compare them, or before we start to discuss them in terms of their "importance" to the pink floyd discography. I don't care if you say it's your favorite album of all time - it's too soon to make that call.

azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

ok i have seen your posts on waters and i agree with several of them so i do apologize for my comment no hard feelings

Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

Does anyone else think that 'Behold the Temple of Light' from The Man and the Journey sounds as if, with a more modern recording (e.g. like RPWL have given it), it could fit right in on The Endless River?

Kerry King
Knife
Knife

Post by Kerry King »

^ I think The Grand Vizier's Garden Party fits right in on The Endless River.

If by "endless river" they mean "endless flow of money from pf fans" then I think the song Money would have fit quite nicely as well.

Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

Agreed 'The Grand Vizier's Garden Party' would fit on TER as well.

If PF had wanted to maximise their income from PF, then they would have toured more. The income from touring would be many times more than releasing an album, even one that goes to No. 1. I don't view TER as a cash grab - I think it's a tribute to RW as stated.

Kerry King
Knife
Knife

Post by Kerry King »

^ Yes but touring is hard work, you see. I doubt the assembling of TER was very strenuous. I'd imagine it was rather emotional.
I have nothing against The Endless River. As a tribute to RW it's very nice.