Worst Solo Album

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.

Which one is the worst solo album

Roger waters: Music from the body
20%
Roger Waters: The pros and cons of Hitch hiking
7%
Roger Waters: Radio KAOS
9%
Roger Waters: Amused to death
6%
David Gilmour: David Gilmour
1%
David Gilmour: About Face
7%
David Gilmour: On an Island
4%
Richard Wright: Wet Dream
3%
Richard Wright: Broken China
3%
Richard Wright (Zee): Identity
23%
Nick Mason: Fictitious Sports
11%
Nick Mason (mason and Fenn) Profiles
6%

Total votes: 70

Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Worst Solo Album

Post by Beowulf »

mandy35353535353 wrote:I really dislike some of Rog's stuff. I don't even listen to that weird little... the name escapes me.. but it's awful.

On the subject of solo albums what Rick Wright solo cd would you recommend?
I've been wanting one for months but can't decide which!
helppppppp!
Depends on what sort of thing you like! Broken China is interesting but a bit depressing (though nicely done); Wet Dream is a cheery little album on the whole, and very melodic. I'm sure there must be somewhere out there on t'interweb you can find samples/clips
oldhippy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by oldhippy »

It's hard for me to chose between Roger Waters and Roger Waters. So I go for Roger Waters, all of his solo stuff to me is rubbish.

This is just the pits The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking, I don't care if Clapton plays on it. It's SHIT.

D G's On an Island the title song is awful the words make me cringe.

I'll now go and hide
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Body worst, Amused best.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

It seems that the poll results credit "Wet Dream" as the best Floyd solo album... :?
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Hudini wrote:It seems that the poll results credit "Wet Dream" as the best Floyd solo album... :?
Technically not. It just indicates that its the one which least fans REALLY hate but there's nothing to say it's not like the second least favourite one or anything like that. Plus a tonne of people haven't heard it. Personally i'd be really surprised if people would actually credit it as their favourite one
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Bad choice of words. What I really meant to say is that people rate it as their least bad solo album, and I think it's solely because of the fact that Floyd fans have no animosity against Rick, as a lot of them has against Roger or Dave, and that his albums are not filled with crap as Nick's alleged albums.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

WA-AIT A MI-NUTE!!! HOW THE HELL SYD'S SOLOS ARE NOT ENLISTED???
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Do you honestly think someone would vote them in this poll? Even if his albums were that bad (and they are not) no one would have voted them anyway.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

i would :lol:
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Oi! Shit, reading a post before mine, I mistook this for BEST album. My bad :( ugh! Still, I did vote right, for the Body.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Yucateco wrote:i would :lol:
Even with "The Body" around?
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

Hudini wrote:
Yucateco wrote:i would :lol:
Even with "The Body" around?
well i voted for "The Body" now... but placing Body there is nearly a bit unfair, its a some sort of a movie soundtrack after all, and they are usually shitty :lol:
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Hudini wrote:Do you honestly think someone would vote them in this poll? Even if his albums were that bad (and they are not) no one would have voted them anyway.
Oh i assure you a lot of people hate The Madcap Laughs as much as they do Music From The Body :lol:
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Dunno. "Madcap" has never been anything special to me, but it's far from bad IMHO.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

I really really really don't understand why so many of you dislike "Music From The Body" so much. Sure, Body Transport is an awfully boring piece of concrete sounds, but it's only one song and is only 3 minutes long. But the rest is ace; Our Song is a masterpiece of concrete music made out of "bio-sounds" edited with great creativity to achieve engaging rhitmic patterns just like Several Species... on Ummagumma; and have you ever pay attention to Old Folks Ascension? is a truly beautiful and moving piece of music! So it is the delicate Bedtime Dream Clime which always reminds me of And Yo and I by Yes. Mrs. Throat Goes Walking is so fun is Gong worthy. More Than Seven Dwarfs In Penis-Land sound like a more "street" Ligeti and could perfectly fit in the 2001: Space Odissey or Shining soundtracks. How can you not love A Gentle Breeze, part of the first chunk of instrumentals that goes from Red Stuff Writhe to Bridge Passage, with that "flamenco-western-guitar-meets-the-bugs-eating-your-brain" sound? and how it all crash into the profound and nostalgic Chain of Life... this album set the whole foundation for DSoTM "flow" between tracks.

An unsolicited advise I would give to those who haven't been able "get it" yet is that it's definitively not music to listen to while you work on your PC, drive your car or do whatever activitity you usually do while listening music; it requires not your full attention but a "clean" mind free of thoughts; just take your headphones, turn the lights out, lay in bed close your eyes, and then it would take you to places you didn't know were there.

Listen to the whole thing, just don't pre-program your mind to expect to find pop songs there.