Hapy Wall Aniversary

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
leonard
Embryo
Embryo

Hapy Wall Aniversary

Post by leonard »

We are celebrating The Wall here since 1988 ( just another reason to drink something between friends). This year we have put together a band and performed The wall ( well, a part of). A great party, over 80 floyd fans.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Re: Hapy Wall Aniversary

Post by moom »

Happy Walliday to you, too :D
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

leonard wrote:We are celebrating The Wall here since 1988
Where's that exactly? Now that we're on a white Schengen list I might just drop by next year, being in the neighbourhood.
iwantmypinkfloydnow
Hammer
Hammer

Post by iwantmypinkfloydnow »

Hey guys, I'm just here for a quick bit to check if the Wall live ever came out on DVD yet, or is it in the works, or do I have to wait till Roger Waters bites the dust. Thanks.
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Creek »

iwantmypinkfloydnow wrote:Hey guys, I'm just here for a quick bit to check if the Wall live ever came out on DVD yet, or is it in the works, or do I have to wait till Roger Waters bites the dust. Thanks.
Hi I googled it and there is a 25th anniversary DVD edition avialable. See below:

In celebration of the quarter-century anniversary, Columbia Records is releasing a special limited edition DVD of this landmark film. Packaged in a deluxe DVD digi-pak designed to look like The Wall with debossed brick work and a clear O-card, this stunning release features a photo montage of film shots and a fold-out reproduction of the original film promotional poster. All the artwork and design for this lavish packaging has been coordinated by original Pink Floyd designers Peter Curzon and Storm Thorgerson. Track Listing: 1.Original film presented in high-definition widescreen and mixed in 5.1 surround sound 2."The Other Side Of The Wall" - a 25 minute documentary about the making of the film 3."Retrospective" - an exclusive 45 minute retrospective documentary of interviews with Roger Waters, Alan Parker, Gerald Scarfe, Peter Biziou, Alan Marshall and James Guthrie 4.Original film trailer and production stills
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

iwantmypinkfloydnow wrote:Hey guys, I'm just here for a quick bit to check if the Wall live ever came out on DVD yet, or is it in the works, or do I have to wait till Roger Waters bites the dust. Thanks.
Hey man long time no see....

Either way The Wall Live (ie concert footage) has never been officially released, and there has not even been a cleaner copy released in the bootleg world, so its still the high-gen foggy versions for the time being.

There was talk of Waters releasing it. I think that Pink Floyd are happier with how people remember the shows though, and perhaps a live DVD would reveal the shows to be crude, or basic or something... Also apparently the projected images on the wall flicker a lot (frame rate conflicts between the projectors and the cameras) and it would be difficult to cure this without using a frame-by-frame analysis.
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Creek »

my breakfast. wrote:
Hey man long time no see....

Either way The Wall Live (ie concert footage) has never been officially released, and there has not even been a cleaner copy released in the bootleg world, so its still the high-gen foggy versions for the time being.

My bad, I misunderstood that we were talking about the wall live.
leonard
Embryo
Embryo

Post by leonard »

Hudini wrote:
leonard wrote:We are celebrating The Wall here since 1988
Where's that exactly? Now that we're on a white Schengen list I might just drop by next year, being in the neighbourhood.
Mangalia -Romania

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... type=&aq=f

some bad recordings