Doctor Who

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Doctor Who

Post by ddebil »

PublicImage wrote: I hope there are more episodes set in space because the series has been largely earthbound for far too long.
Yep, that's very true. I enjoyed that episode, yet know what you mean by cramming too much in a 45 minute show.

Shame really, I love the idea of Whales in space.... :-;
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

finally saw the first episode of the new doctor who - i would have loved to see them explore the idea of the doc's next companion being a 10 year old girl. that would have been almost back to the original.
i found Matt to be very Palinesque which is either a good or a bad thing - im not sure yet.
i think Gillan is a good choice though. i hope they develop her character a bit more as she is a bit of a blank slate at the moment.
i see what you guys mean about the special effects - they are a bit of a backward step.

i notice there was a hint of a story arc so we will have to see how that pans out.
mia
Embryo
Embryo

Post by mia »

Edit: ******SPOILER WARNING******

The new Daleks are appalling! They look like the latest design by Dyson! They better have cyclone technology like the other Dysons do.

I think Bracewell will turn out to be Davros. The one leather glove and everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5spMaA9dLKI

I also have some further theories on what will happen in Doc Hoo in the future if the producers of DH find the protest against the new daleks too overpowering, but I'll keep that to myself for now.

But seriously. What the fuck is scary about a sleek, prime-coloured Dalek that looks like some sort of iDalek. With a rubber neck. Euch.
Last edited by mia on Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

mia wrote: I think Bracewell will turn out to be Davros. The one leather glove and everything.
[-D-] My thoughts exactly. But for the benefit of those yet to see this episode, shouldn't you have kept your smart trap shut??!! :lol:
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

Seeing as 'someone' legendary has chosen not to put a spoiler warning in their post...

DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU HAVE SEEN EPISODE 2!

If you're bothered, that is. 8)
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

mia wrote:The new Daleks are appalling! They look like the latest design by Dyson! They better have cyclone technology like the other Dysons do.

I think Michael will turn out to be Davros. The one leather glove and everything.
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

Ah, so you've seen it already then.
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

noooooo!

i was just speculating :lol:
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

Typical batchelor! :twisted:
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

According to the Daily Star, the height of the Daleks has been adjusted to accommodate Matt Smith being shorter than his predecessors.
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

I didn't mind the design of the new Daleks so much as the bright colours. Seems like a very un-Dalek thing to do, to me. In a society built around conformity and utility, what are they doing dressing themselves up in pretty, individualistic colours? Not to even mention that the colours look like crap.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

I thought the last episode was a bit of a cop out. But then a friend suggested maybe they were getting all the weaker episodes out of the way at the start of the series? A good idea, but really until it's all finished and edited, how can the producers tell if the story is going to be weak or not?

Oh and the free game to download looks a lot more fun!
mia
Embryo
Embryo

Post by mia »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote:I thought the last episode was a bit of a cop out. But then a friend suggested maybe they were getting all the weaker episodes out of the way at the start of the series? A good idea, but really until it's all finished and edited, how can the producers tell if the story is going to be weak or not?
A bad idea, there shouldn't be any weak episodes at all with the writers and budget they have, it's not a Nickelback album, there is NO ROOM FOR FILLERS GODDAMMIT!
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

mia wrote:
Jimi Dean Barrett wrote:I thought the last episode was a bit of a cop out. But then a friend suggested maybe they were getting all the weaker episodes out of the way at the start of the series? A good idea, but really until it's all finished and edited, how can the producers tell if the story is going to be weak or not?
A bad idea, there shouldn't be any weak episodes at all with the writers and budget they have, it's not a Nickelback album, there is NO ROOM FOR FILLERS GODDAMMIT!
And yet... for the second week in a row, we had a solid half hour and then the last 15 just... fell apart? (IMO)
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

traditionally with new series they shoot the third episode first to give the new actors a chance to get used to their characters so if they did that we have a really bad episode to look forward to.