New Members Say Hello Thread!!

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
Phantom Turnip
Axe
Axe

Re: New Members Say Hello Thread!!

Post by Phantom Turnip »

Hey NPF,

I'm Phantom Turnip, a 20-something keyboardist and geographer from Missouri. I first entered the online Pink Floyd community through the PFOnline forums (and later helped to establish the successor group Floydians), and just want to meet and talk with as many Floyd fans as I can. My top three PF albums are Wish You Were Here, The Endless River, and Atom Heart Mother, and as a keyboardist, I'm madly in love with Rick Wright and his solo work (Broken China forever).

That's probably all for now.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Welcome aboard

<ii>
AtomHeartBrother
Axe
Axe

Post by AtomHeartBrother »

Hi, all. I finally took the plunge and registered, even though I've been reading this site and these forums for years.

I'm an old. I was working in radio when The Wall, The Final Cut, and Pink Floyd The Wall movie were released. Exciting times that I barely remember....

I think The Wall, more than any other Floyd album, has been there for many milestones in my life.

I'm a graphic designer, blogger, and self-proclaimed "Student of The Wall" from Dallas/Fort Worth. I've spent the last several (okay, many) years researching, locating, and restoring the various tracks and bits of tracks which were cut to keep the running time suitable for 2 vinyl LPs. All these years and all the times I've listened to The Wall and other Pink Floyd albums, they all still sound fresh and relevant to me.

I'm also active in r/pinkfloyd on Reddit. I'm looking forward to engaging with you here and hope some day to be able to inspire another Floyd fan the way this community has inspired and helped me over the years.
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by jtull »

Welcome aboard AtomHeartBrother! \:D/
Pfk
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Pfk »

Greetings Floyders

I'm a newbie to this forum but lot's of great & interesting threads so looking forward to some learned Floyd interaction. Quick intro, Floyd fan for 40 years, British, living in Vancouver. Currently channeling the Gilmour 2016 look.

Paul aka PFK. :)
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Hello Pfk! Enjoy your stay!
Rooster1
Axe
Axe

Post by Rooster1 »

Good day folks.

I've been reading your forum for years but just got round to joining. I've been a lifelong fan (for about 36 years. I'm 40 now). Hopefully I'll be contributing regularly - you have a wealth of knowledge here and it always makes great reading.

All the best.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Rooster1 wrote:... I've been a lifelong fan (for about 36 years. I'm 40 now).
Welcome aboard, you started early !!

<ii>
Freeyyaa
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Freeyyaa »

A purebred Russian from the major metropolis. I saw the band for the first time than I was a teenage.
A Syd Casualty
Axe
Axe

Post by A Syd Casualty »

Happy to be here. I'm 49 and from Manchester, England. Have loved the Floyd and Syd for years and years.

<ii>
Libbygrable1987
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Libbygrable1987 »

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Steel Breeze
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Steel Breeze »

Hi all,

I am a young British Pink Floyd fan from North west England. Although I was born the year The Division Bell was released, the 'classic rock' artists from the late 1960s and 1970s are by far my biggest musical love and Floyd is top of the tree for me. I have been reading the boards for a few months, and I've liked what I seen!

When it comes to my favourite albums, I can't overlook the 'Big Five' from the 1970s - Meddle, Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals and The Wall. As for outright favourite, it's close between Dark Side and Wish, but I'd give the slight edge to the latter. My favourite songs are too many to list, but if I had to pick just one, it's Shine On You Crazy Diamond - the guitar from Part II never fails to give me chills, and is probably my favourite bit of music ever.

I should probably explain my username at this juncture, which is of course also taken from Shine On - I chose it partly because I love the lyrics from that song but also because I think it describes the Wish You Were Here sound perfectly, with Roger and Nick in the rhythm section providing the 'steel' and David and Rick providing the 'breeze' with their beautiful contributions.

Aside from the Floyd, who are number one for me, other artists I love include Led Zeppelin, Neil Young, Eagles, Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler, Bob Dylan, Fleetwood Mac, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Deep Purple. I guess I could say I'm more into classic rock generally rather than one particular style or movement.

Really looking forward to taking part in some interesting discussions,

Jonny (Steel Breeze)
Silviu
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Silviu »

Hello from Toronto, Canada!
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Welcome new people!
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Welcome aboard to the new UK and global members ... :)