A saurceful of secrets left hand

Discuss all things Richard Wright from his epic keyboarding to the wonderful songs he created for the band!
Misshachi
Embryo
Embryo

A saurceful of secrets left hand

Post by Misshachi »

Hi everyone!

Greetings from Mexico. I hope there are musicians in here who can help me.
Richard used to do the harmonies with the left hand, and I've been looking like crazy the notes or a sheet for what he does with the left hand in a saurceful of secrets in the Pompeii version. I hope this is the right forum to put this topic on and I'm no breaking any rule lol.
If anyone can help me I will be really grateful 🙏
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Re: A saucerful of secrets left hand

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

I highly doubt you'll find any transcriptions of what Rick played on any version of the song, other than the chord changes, but there are clearer (audio) recordings that you can reference. This one from the Paradiso in Amsterdam, August 9, 1969, is particularly clear - his organ is mostly panned to the left, while the guitar is panned to the right. It's mostly just noodling around in the B melodic minor scale; he had a repertoire of keyboard runs that the others referred to as "Rick's Turkish Delight".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9-02ejq3cc
Misshachi
Embryo
Embryo

Re: A saurceful of secrets left hand

Post by Misshachi »

Thanks for the advice! Im gonna listen to this version. Hopefully it makes things easy for me and I figure out the notes :)