If Syd never left Pink Floyd

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Hammer
Hammer

Re: If Syd never left Pink Floyd

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Of course what if Syd did carry on with the band but just got further and further from success? To even get dropped from Harvest Records. In the early 70's...
Things weren't like that. But here's another, Syd carries on with Floyd but Syd's influence on other musicians outside Floyd diminished? To the extent he becomes as know as Phil Collins level. Immensely talent musician, but really naff instead of "cool" to admit Syd liked?
Jimi Dean Barrett
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

WebBrown wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:23 pm Syd was very special person and very happy kid who saw something where a billions people failed to see and he saw exactly a reason why do we think or feel fear from something we can’t see … He saw something that was hidden from us since the day when we are born … I called them simply ‘others or sorrow as one being and pride that could only giggle when we are wrong … Very ugly people that live hidden amoung us as our friends, family and others … Apparently Syd wished with all his heart to be gone or dead for one moment and therefore you have a person with almost no chains around him, but still with no wings to fly, while at same time somewhere around fifth grade great people have joined him so he could achieve even more or to be more specific immortality of soul, but as we all can see price for being such is very high or let me say equal to shaking an entire earth with just one word or to be more honest it just could not have been said or read …

Still as everything awaits for all of us equally , Syd was just a person who was very easier to be taught and therefore he was even later confronted to entire world by his bandmates as mentally unstable person …

Here is some interesting part in C.C books that confirm same thing Syd have saw :

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/870595 ... -depths-of
Interesting read.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

I think you're projecting a lot of ideas onto the public's perception of Syd Barrett that has absolutely nothing to do with his creative output or his personal beliefs. In his last few professional interviews in 1971, all he was interested in was playing the blues and writing pop songs, and maybe even getting a day job.
WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Post by WebBrown »

I donot know about those interviews and honestly I donot care to much about … I think Syd was opt to much more heavier task then just being a pop star … He already prove to be better then most of us and even being alike did not made him to see everything at all… Speaking about something other’ just look to PF catalogue from Piper and songs like Mathilda mother or Lucifer Sam until the bare ending of Wall and you will see it just scream about them …