Pink Floyd on Woodstock 2003 (just my imagination)

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Pink Floyd on Woodstock 2003 (just my imagination)

Post by crofloyd »

ALL WE NEED IS LOVE! STOP THE FUCKING WAR (please don't edit this or find more apropriate word for it. I think it describes it all)!
We don't need any blood or suffering. Let only few blood-hungry soldiers in an isolated arena (with Bush along them to drown in oil) and let them eat each other to death. War is no good.
Anyway, I was thinking that new Woodstock would be a great way as an anti war protest. Maybe on the same farm as in 1969. To invite the old gang left overs (Jefferson Airplane, Santana, CSNY and few others that I can't remember right now), some that didn't preform, but were playing at the time (Rolling Stones, Page & Plant, Paul McCartney) and some new kids (Coldplay, RHCP...). Of course, Pink Floyd would perform at dawn of the last (third) day just with a 90-minutes long Echoes (like Grateful Dead did with Dark Star). What a happening that would be! Again, I am activist on two sides: anti war and offical release of Pink Floyd BBC Sessions!
GIVE PEACE A CHANCE!
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

Oh, please-this is the real world not a game.

60's love and peace crap won't work.

If you're so against this war why don't you go to Iraq and protest against all of the atrocities that Hussein commits on his own people. I'm sorry but your opinion makes me sick to my stomach.

Give peace a chance---how long? 1 month, 1 year, 10 years? why don't you ask Hussein to give peace a chance?? You'll be dead in minuets.

Fantasies, selling flowers and singing Joan Biaz songs won't work.
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

Oh, you violent dream killer!
Mr. Bush is a sick mind (just like as Hitler was) who thinks that he can rule the world and little people (Iraq, Bosnia...) and does it undrcover of a peace maker. Please!? He does it all for money, oil and weapon experiments. If he doesn't get it, he might use nuclear so what the hell! I don't spread hate between people, i just think that Bush should be where Syd was: in SANITARY! I won't argue with this again, I am here to speak about Love, Music, Pink Floyd, Good Times and all stuff that can't be spoken while innocent people are dying on streets.
GIVE PEACE A CHANCE! Believe me, although I'm only 17, I've seen war in my country ten years ago. It's no good.
I am activist on two sides: anti war and offical Pink Floyd BBC sessions!
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

War is aweful and I'm sure you have suffered much but sometimes war is necesarry to prevent future wars and suffering. Think about it logically and don't rely on newspapers to make your opinions. You are only 17 and have much to learn about how the world works. Mr Bush and Mr Blair don't want suffering- they want to eliminate it.
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

i think they tried that woodstock thing again, oh yea, woodstock 99, it was a deadly failure
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Didn't everyone go apesh*t and destroy the place? Stupid.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

It doesn't really matter cause it isn't going to happen.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

It already did. :|
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Woodstock 99 with Red Hot Chili peppers and Limp Bizkit :D I dunno who else was in the lineup, but a stage was set on fire.
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

David Smith wrote:Woodstock 99 with Red Hot Chili peppers and Limp Bizkit :D I dunno who else was in the lineup, but a stage was set on fire.
yea, it was awful, they were charging $8 for a bottle of water, and there wasnt enough bathrooms, ive seen pictures, it was bad. and on the last night the crowd started a huge bonfire

i think alanis morsett, dave matthews band, and alot of others played, cant think of them at the moment
Zepeleptic
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Zepeleptic »

Man, nobody can redo Woodstock '69, i mean, its just a bunch of kids trying to be like their hippie parents.
wgmw
Axe
Axe

Post by wgmw »

quicksilver wrote:Oh, please-this is the real world not a game.

60's love and peace crap won't work.

If you're so against this war why don't you go to Iraq and protest against all of the atrocities that Hussein commits on his own people. I'm sorry but your opinion makes me sick to my stomach.

Give peace a chance---how long? 1 month, 1 year, 10 years? why don't you ask Hussein to give peace a chance?? You'll be dead in minuets.

Good point
Stilgar
Knife
Knife

Post by Stilgar »

quicksilver wrote:If you're so against this war why don't you go to Iraq and protest against all of the atrocities that Hussein commits on his own people. I'm sorry but your opinion makes me sick to my stomach.

I've copied this part of a post I wrote on the General Discussion board, on the "Another damn war" topic, this is my answer to the "oh Bush, Mr. world hero and democracy protector" crap.

"The USA love control, probably it's not ONLY for oil, but Saddam must be eliminated just to put a "president" more friendly to US international policies. Countries of Southamerica have suffered that control-obsession from the USA for many years, speccially in the 70s, when the communist "ghost" was so near, Argentina, Paraguay, Brazil, Bolivia, and my country, Chile, among others, suffered coups and military revolutions, all of them coordinated by the CIA and the USA goverment, in order to make dissapear the left-wing governments that were elected by the people. Only in my country that coup meant more than 3000 people DISSAPEARED, that means they were tortured, killed, and their bodies never have been found..., and among them were women (some of them pregned), children, priests, singers, citizens of other countries, etc. The USA love democracy, that's what they say, but they only love democracy on the USA way, if a country over there elects, democratically, a government that's not friendly to them, they elliminate it, no matter how many people would die in the process.

They say Saddam is a dictator and a killer, but Pinochet (my country's dictator between 1973-1989) was one too, but he was a USA friend, and was meant to keep the communism out of my country (no matter how), so the US never bothered him with embargo or anything... be realistic, it's not only about oil, and obviously not about iraq people, it's about CONTROL, and about the possibilities to see a Mc'Donalds installed in Bagdad, as they are on cities in South-AMERICA."

Well, it's simple to me, IT'S NOT ABOUT IRAQ PEOPLE, it's about the political tendencies of the dictator. If he is pro-USA (like Pinochet), he is a friend, and the USA don't care about if he kills people, BUT, if the dictator is not pro-USA, he is a "threat to democracy and freedom", and it's "US mission to give freedom to these poor people". The question is, if a friendly (to the USA) dictator or "president" is ruling Iraq, and send to kill people who think different, will the USA attack him??, risking the Mc Donald's franchise in Bagdad??, I think they won't...
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Tommy wrote:they were charging $8 for a bottle of water
Had to fit this is somewhere, but is it coincidence that when pink floyd lost Roger the first sound used on each album was that of running water? Doesn't that make you think?
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FUCKING FOR VIRGINITY :!: