My Theory about why Roger hasnt put out any new albums

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: My Theory about why Roger hasnt put out any new albums

Post by ddebil »

Burnt out old fart?

That is a possibility....
Axl Rose
Axe
Axe

Post by Axl Rose »

I thought he was going to release an album years ago! then everything went quiet :(
stryder
Axe
Axe

Post by stryder »

I do remember a radio interview he gave a few years back where he said he did have songs for a new album but he didn't have a concept for an album yet.

I personally don't think he has the ambition to make another album, and is happy touring and rolling out the old hits.
JAXREBFAN
Axe
Axe

Post by JAXREBFAN »

kitkat wrote:I believe Roger could put out another Amused To Death if he was willing to work hard on it.

But, he was so pissed at the lack of critical claim and album sales that he figured he wouldnt bother anymore. He doesnt like putting out albums that arent going to be huge smashes....I figure the opera was a just side hobby.

In earlier interviews, before he tried to reconcile with the others, he would refer to Rick's solo albums as "those awful albums Rick puts out". We know he hated Division Bell and one can only wonder if he has even listened to OAI and if he did...I am sure he hated it.

He often refers to his the 3-pronged highlight of his career being DSOTM, The Wall, and Amused To Death. He says that even now even though nobody bought the album and he doesnt make albums for just a few Roger junkies like me.

So, if nobody is going to buy Amused To Death, which in his mind is on par with DSOTM and The Wall....then screw it. Without the brand name, nobody is going to notice or care.

Its a shame the brand name is controlled by somebody who doesnt want anybody, including himself, to use it ever again.
After you listen to A.T.D more and more IMHO it is a very great cd! A great piece of work I think ROG should re-think and go on tour with! I know he doesn't need the money but he could make this work of music GREAT!!! :)
LarsO
Axe
Axe

Post by LarsO »

I remember that he put a message on his website early 2000 that he was going to start recording his new album. He also put the lyrics for Each Small Candle and explained that was going to be a central part of the album. Internet was a "new" phenomenion at the time so he was also going to bring that up as apart of the concept. I thought that "In The Flesh - Live" was released to warm up his audience shortly before the studio album but nothing happened.

After this he have been talking about a story about a East-European New York taxi driver that he met and that the album was going to be about his previous life in war etc. Then it got quiet again apart from the DSOTM tours, Ca Ira and a few singles (Leaving Beirut + Hello, I love you etc).
The Black Strat
Embryo
Embryo

Post by The Black Strat »

Cause he doesn't need to! :D
with 80 million pounds,great performances around the world,an awesome fame....you don't bother urself for a new album in old age
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

The Black Strat wrote:Cause he doesn't need to! :D
with 80 million pounds,great performances around the world,an awesome fame....you don't bother urself for a new album in old age
Maybe.
Idisaffect
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Idisaffect »

He let his talent dry up. He's spent as a creative force.

Lip syncing your 30 year old album does not count as creativity.
sherer
Axe
Axe

Post by sherer »

I actually liked Each Small Candle, if he could produce more works like that I would be happy.

Leaving Beirut is an ok track but far removed musically from what we expect from a Waters song. No idea if he has any other tracks kicking about.

I'd rather he produced a good album is decent material than a bad concept album
kelly clarks9n
Blade
Blade

Post by kelly clarks9n »

I am sure he has enough material kicking about for a new album, which he probably and quite rightly doesnt want to see the light of day.

dont worry - when he dies we will get our hands on it postumously . Roger Waters - "Leftovers - The Last Supper" <.8.>
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

sherer wrote:I actually liked Each Small Candle, if he could produce more works like that I would be happy.
Ditto (pretend I clicked the "like" button).

I do wonder what is stopping him, because he has said in interviews from several years ago that he has enough material and may even make two albums...one with the Taxi driver and/or Pros and Cons II. ](*,) ](*,)
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

nosaj wrote:
sherer wrote:I actually liked Each Small Candle, if he could produce more works like that I would be happy.
Ditto (pretend I clicked the "like" button).
Ditto Ditto
nosaj wrote:I do wonder what is stopping him, because he has said in interviews from several years ago that he has enough material and may even make two albums...
I would call that a self-serving publicity bluff.
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

INB4 a second Opera :S
NUMBER61
Axe
Axe

Post by NUMBER61 »

perhaps he is saving material for a future box set