Chicago now released - your thoughs....

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.

How do you rate the song?

1 - Superb
No votes
2 - Very Good
7%
3 - OK
29%
4 - Not too good
7%
5 - Load of rubbish
57%

Total votes: 14

GilmourGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Chicago now released - your thoughs....

Post by GilmourGirl »

If they checked out McKinnon's background and found no priors, then no, he doesn't need to do twenty. 5 would suffice with all but a year suspended. But he HAS to pay a consequence for his actions. And a year in federal pen over here, most likely minimum security? Please! It's like a Holiday Inn! But remember Obama's in office now, they'll probably turn him away much like Clinton did bin Laden..

Oops off topic, my wonder was about the Gilmour, is he THAT bored that he's participating in this? Why isn't he prepping for OAI II? Jeez don't waste golden years and precious valuable talent on this riff-raff!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

omnicron wrote:
PublicImage wrote:I think active homosexuals in the USA are breaking laws that are in place in Saudi Arabia. They should be extradiated, so they can be executed for breaking these laws.
The active homosexuals in the USA dont break the law in country they reside. In some states in the USA sodomy is illegal still however... (then again - driving with a pig in the front seat without a seatbelt on is illegal in North Carolina... :? )

The laws this guy broke are a pretty big deal - Its also illegal in most if not all Europe to hack into computers.
It is very common for hackers if caught to be extradiated to the state/country they hacked into.
Regardless of his issues mentally, He knew he was breaking the law and he is more then able to maintain a normal lifestyle.

Granted, I myself would love to do what he did, but I know I would get in alot of trouble. He knew that, but perhaps thought becouse of where he lives, he could not get in real trouble...
People with his issues are more then able to live out normal lives and do well in society. His issues has nothing to do with this.

It all comes down to the fact he broke some major national and international laws, got caught, and is now looking for his best chance to get out with as little "damage" as possible. Nothing none of us would not try to do if we were in his shoes.

Just my opinion.

As for the song, I heard enough of the early copy, I did not care for it, I doubt I would think anything else of this version. Perhaps when I can listen for free, I will give it a go, but I cant bring myself to pay for it.
C'mon, you should have sensed some irony in Roger's post.

As for the song, I mostly agree.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9ZF7L0Af34
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Video's been removed by the user. Trés sinister...
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

madafaka.

The poster is probably in Guantanamo allready. :lol:
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X0VAGts32Y
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Hmm. Is it just me or does David not sound particularly convincing?
omnicron
Knife
Knife
Location: Chasing after falling stars and forever "On the Run"

Post by omnicron »

David Gilmour wrote:"well, he not a full blown terrorist"
LOL, so he is supporting a partial terrorist?
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

A fully blown terrorist sort of chap :lol:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

snifferdog wrote:A fully blown terrorist sort of chap :lol:
Haha I was about to highlight the exact same phrase before reading your post after watching the video! Interesting choice of words!!
GilmourGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by GilmourGirl »

Why The Gilmour look away when making his statement? Yup, he's bored..... and was it ever proven that this "chap" has Aspbergers or was it a move by his lawyers?
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

I just downloaded the track.
It's allright.

It seems that the chances are pretty slim, but I hope that that Gary bloke get's what he wants.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

It's looking less likely now. It's a shaky argument I think unless they really want to play the Aspergers card. If someone in the USA hacked into the Ministry of Defence's computer system and cost the taxpayer millions, you can bet your bottom dollar that the newspapers that are trying to stop him being extradited would be screaming for the culprit to be tried here.
thehumanzoo
Blade
Blade

Post by thehumanzoo »

Can't say that the music's a favourite, but then I think that it may be because I don't think that the song is that great rather than the performance. That's not really the point of it I suppose. I've found it a rather sad indictment of for the UK judicial system and waste of time of the American intelligence agencies. For a man who has not killed anyone (nor had close to the intention of doing so), it seems that anti-terror legislation is being into disrepute by making an example of someone with psychological difficulties (and, in answer to someone above, I believe that the Aspergers syndrome has been diagnosed by more than one professional). I wonder when the US will provide proof of the 'cost' of his 'hacking', or if the figure in the region of hundreds of millions of dollars be reduced? I must say that I am glad it wasn't someone with planned motives to cause civilian chaos who managed to gain access to these computers.

Can't forgive the backing music sounding as though it is coming from a cheap Casio keyboard though.
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

Aspergers, is that what makes your pee smell odd?