The changing voices of Roger Waters.

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Emelic
Embryo
Embryo

Re: The changing voices of Roger Waters.

Post by Emelic »

Is he still smoking or he just quit it? Maybe it's that
Idisaffect
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Idisaffect »

He's lip syncing many of the parts.

Hope that clears it up for you.
spainboy
Embryo
Embryo

Post by spainboy »

I think that is debatable though. Many think he sang most of the New Wall tour. What Live Wall would he be lip syncing from?
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Post by Isntthiswherewe »

spainboy wrote:I think that is debatable though. Many think he sang most of the New Wall tour. What Live Wall would he be lip syncing from?
None! Record it in a studio at a pitch you can handle then change the pitch through a computer program. Play it back during the concert where required whilst singing softly!
Remember, You need no talent whatsoever to make a record these days it can all be done electronically
spainboy
Embryo
Embryo

Post by spainboy »

Stock Aiken and Watermen were buggers for that. I remember Sonya (think she was called) once sang live and she was awful but she sounded perfect on record. Something in the paper mentioned what they used to do. Guess this happened with some of their other artists too.!!

Having said that I know you are on about the pitch of what he can handle (which can be changed with the computer) but his actual singing voice in general isn't as rough as it was a few years back. If you listen to Amused to Death and his In the Flesh tour practically every sentence he sang felt like he was straining his voice. I do think the recent voice lessons he has had has reconditioned some of the shine back to his original voice. Anyone agree?