What Do You Want From Me?

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
ummugumma
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ummugumma »

Ah well its obvious where you Bias rests with Roger of course, It was Nik who said it would you believe, I presume you were hoping it was Dave, that would have given you more ammo for your argument of course.

Each and everyone one of them have given something to the band, what does it matter which one gave the most? Its attitudes such as that, which is the reason that the band is as disjointed as is the formation we see today.

I personaly do not care weather Roger done this or Dave done that between them they have all given me hours of endless pleasure and for that I thank them.

I was there last year two rows from the front when Roger Hugged Nik after his performance at Wembley, a shiver ran down my spine, and my mind wondered of what has been and what could have been, up until that point I had been biased towards Dave, Now I have now Biased towards any of them and hold the Dream of what will never be.

As I said before I thank them all for what they have done however big or however small.

The dream as My picture suggest`s a Five piece! Now that would have been something!
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

ummugumma wrote:Ah well its obvious where you Bias rests with Roger of course, It was Nik who said it would you believe, I presume you were hoping it was Dave, that would have given you more ammo for your argument of course.
I was just curious who said it. I have heard Rick make the comment before, but not Nick, Roger and David...
ummugumma wrote: Each and everyone one of them have given something to the band, what does it matter which one gave the most?
I just put that in for recognition :lol:
ummugumma wrote: I personaly do not care weather Roger done this or Dave done that between them they have all given me hours of endless pleasure and for that I thank them.
I'm sure if you were in Roger's shoes you would not want the majority of fans undermining your contributions to Pink Floyd.
ummugumma wrote: Iwas there last year two rows from the front when Roger Hugged Nik after his performance at Wembley, a shiver ran down my spine, and my mind wondered of what has been and what could have been, up until that point I had been biased towards Dave, Now I have now Biased towards any of them and hold the Dream of what will never be.
Don't worry, the band lives through their past albums and they will live as long as these albums "continue on."
ummugumma wrote: As I said before I thank them all for what they have done however big or however small.
Same here.
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

The dream as My picture suggest`s a Five piece! Now that would have been something!
Yes indeed!

What was this topic about anyway? Oh yeah, "What Do You want From Me" is a fine pop song with some nice guitar playing from DG, too bad the lyrics are nonsense.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Which do you guys prefer: Raise My Rent or What Do You Want From Me?

I like Raise My Rent quite a bit, but I honestly think WDYWFM is a pile of rubbish. It really does give me a headache when I listen to it with headphones on.
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

I haven't even heard Raise My Rent! :shock:
It's from DG's first solo album, right?
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Yep.
dgsyd1
Knife
Knife

Post by dgsyd1 »

I strongly disagree with Real Pink as far as the merits of the post Roger Pink Floyd are concerned, but I do agree with his point that "Raise My Rent", is a stronger track than "What Do You Want From Me". However I happen to think that THE DIVISION BELL is a pretty good album overall. By no means up to the standard of the work the band did in the 70's, but then again very little is.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:
It's akin to saying society is bigger than all of the individuals who "make it what it is." I like to think of society as actually being all of its "members" together.

The whole may be greater than the sum of it's parts, but the whole is nothing without the parts of it's sum.

That's how I see it, anyway.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

dgsyd1 wrote: I happen to think that THE DIVISION BELL is a pretty good album overall. By no means up to the standard of the work the band did in the 70's, but then again very little is.

This is perhaps the most astute statement I've seen regarding this whole issue.

Of course nothing they do now (in my opinion even WITH Roger) could live up to what they did in the seventies.

After all, those albums have had time to mature like a fine wine. They have acquired a reputation of their own that only time can give to even a masterpiece.

I'm sure someone at some time (maybe even still to this day) thought that DSOTM wasn't as good as Meddle...or even ASOS.

Some people still feel that nothing they ever did was as good as PATGOD.

Of course, there are still those who feel let down by TFC.

There's an old saying...opinions are like rectums...everybody has one and they all stink.
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:David Gilmour started the Pink Fraud so he could make an enormous amount of money and satisfy his over-blown ego.
so were you "Enrico" on the old message board for this site as well?
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

No.
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:I've always said that I think David Gilmour should not have continued "Pink Floyd." I have already said why I think that many times on here.

Don?t forget that it wasn?t only david who decided to go on as Pink Floyd, Nick and Rick also agreed, and as far as we all know, they have all the right to do it. Just because Roger wanted to leave Pink Floyd doesn?t mean they all had to do the same, that is not fair, specially for rick and nick who were in the band since the beginning of all. they have the same right as waters on anything related to Pink Floyd. And of course...IMO