What Do You Want From Me?

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

What Do You Want From Me?

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

Is it just me, or does it seem like this song was made to give everyone headaches? I can't stand it. It makes me want to bang my head against the wall. It is quite the pile of crap compared to the mellow Raise My Rent.

What do I want from you? I want you to shut the **** up... *Turns off winamp*

...for good *Deletes song*

:x :? :shock: :wink: :twisted:
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

Actually it's my 2nd favourite track from Divison Bell after High Hopes. :shock:

Not that I really like TDB that much, I actually think that AMLOR was better(well lets say it's not as boring as TDB).
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

You hate everything about gilmour rpity
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

I have to agree with you bong Real Pink In The Inside, has much hate for Gilmour, if R.P.I.T.I ever meets Roger Waters they will become best friends!! I am serious about this. They have the same EXACT views on everything. Here are the real resons why Gilmour continued with the floyd:"The fact of matter," says Gilmour,"Is with Roger gone, I'm the only one there to pick uo that mantle and bear it. If I don't want to throw twenty years of my hard work and start again, this is what i had to do. Starting with only solo career would be the nicest things in some ways; it's very nice to be totally free to do exactly whatyou want when you want to do it. But people don't know my name. I haven't spent twenty years building up my name, I have spent twenty years building Pink Floyd's name."
From Saucerful of Secrets by Nicohlas Schaffner
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

David Gilmour started the Pink Fraud so he could make an enormous amount of money and satisfy his over-blown ego.
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:David Gilmour started the Pink Fraud so he could make an enormous amount of money and satisfy his over-blown ego.
That still doesn't change the fact that you hate gilmour and everything about him.A man's got a right to make a living.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

I do not hate "David Gilmour and everything about him." What makes you think that? Because I'm not a blind worshipper who thinks every single thing he has ever done is THE BEST EVAR!!!?

As for your "A man's got a right to make a living" comment, it's not like Gilmour would have been on the street singing songs if he had not continued "Pink Floyd"...Defending the action of a multi-millionaire by saying "Every man's got a right to make a living" sounds rather ridiculous.
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:I do not hate "David Gilmour and everything about him." What makes you think that? Because I'm not a blind worshipper who thinks every single thing he has ever done is THE BEST EVAR!!!?

As for your "A man's got a right to make a living" comment, it's not like Gilmour would have been on the street singing songs if he had not continued "Pink Floyd"...Defending the action of a multi-millionaire by saying "Every man's got a right to make a living" sounds rather ridiculous.
So are you saying that once people make enough money to last them they should stop??
Oh yeah you're a commie, I forgot.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

I've always said that I think David Gilmour should not have continued "Pink Floyd." I have already said why I think that many times on here.

I have nothing against making money. I am not a communist.
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

yes, I encounter the same level of rage when I hear 'What do you want from me?' Infact, 'The Division Bell' as a whole fills me with a constant and crushing sense of profound grief. As for it having the 'Pink Floyd sound' I'd say it was the 'Pink Floyd sound by numbers'. Does anyone agree with this?
ummugumma
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ummugumma »

Gilmour is very much a part of Floyd as any of the others, I find it comical that some people can have the ordasity to call it Pnk Fraud for the reason that Gilmour was not a founder member, does it not matter that Syd, Dave and Roger were all friends, and infact Dave taught Syd to play some Guitar when they were kids, and Syd used to go and watch dave play in his own Band. Every single one of them has done their part to make the Floyd what it is today. The Pink Floyd is bigger than any one of them or all of them together, they have always said that when they are dead and buried that the Pink Floyd will live on mabye with a Surrogate Band, lets face as Floydians we know who they are but there is many a person out there who hasnt got a clue who Pink Floyd is, who the Band members are, and if you ask a non Floydian If they have heard of Pink Floyd they will tell You "oh yeah didnt they have a Xmas UK No1 single, and wasnt it the Wall"

Being a floydian is like belonging to a secret cult, you are either in or you are not, and personaly each and every one of them have done their part, which has touched the lives of many!
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:I've always said that I think David Gilmour should not have continued "Pink Floyd." I have already said why I think that many times on here.

I have nothing against making money. I am not a communist.
O.k. Thats reasonable but the fact is, he did. Some people like it, but I can't remember a time when I've ever heard you say anything nice about him. not that you really have to since you don't seem to like the guy that much, but didn't your mother ever teach you "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything??"
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

ummugumma wrote:The Pink Floyd is bigger than any one of them or all of them together, they have always said that
Pink Floyd is not "bigger" than all of the members; In essence, Pink Floyd is all of the members together.
ummugumma
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ummugumma »

Sorry you are wrong, they have said and I watched the video again this afternoon to makes sure, that the Pink Floyd is Bigger than them. Pink Floyd is more famous then them individualy, could you say the same about the Stones and Mick Jagger, or The Beatles and Sir Paul, Lennon etc, no you cant that is why it is true! however all of them from Syd to Dave have made it what it is!
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

ummugumma wrote:Sorry you are wrong, they have said and I watched the video again this afternoon to makes sure, that the Pink Floyd is Bigger than them.
Exactly who said that? Roger, David, Rick, AND Nick? Exactly what did all of them say?

It's akin to saying society is bigger than all of the individuals who "make it what it is." I like to think of society as actually being all of its "members" together.
Pink Floyd is more famous then them individualy,
No argument here, but that doesn't mean it's bigger than all of the individuals. Pink Floyd was not this magical machine with faceless members; it was essentially a band that was made up of four distinct individuals, and I feel it should be recognized as such.
however all of them from Syd to Dave have made it what it is!
Every single member made Pink Floyd, but Roger Waters had, WITHOUT QUESTION, the most to do with their success.