Roger - Warm and Cuddly?

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

It takes some time to learn how to deal with precieved power.I thought about this the other nite. Roger keep taking more & more control of P-F because he wrote more and more of the stuff.Then he wanted to make sure it was played the way he wanted.The rest let him take more control each day.He may have thought he was P-F and thought the others resented it (weither or not will never be known).They might have precieved him as power hungry.Either way we will never know for sure. Then Roger pulled out and Dave took more control than the other for the same reason.That is why Dave got became more like Roger. This happens a lot to people when they precieve they have got the power,like flexing your muscles just to show you can. We are talking about a million$ cash cow, with control comes a lot more pressure than anyone knows.Everybody can't handle it and be warm & cuddly.
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

Sure he's famous. Most good music lovers know whom Roger Waters is.

I'm glad you posted those quotes, I think they are quite hilarious and quite great. That's why I loved Roger to begin with... he knows he is good and what he says about Sinnead and others, just classic Roger.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

David Smith wrote:So he has 8 years up until then to calm down.

He wasn't very famous then and he's not very famous now. i don't see how it could have taken more than 8 years of not being famous before someone manages to calm themselves down a bit. Warm and cuddly now? How come he wasn't warm and cuddly then when he wasn't famous? And what that interview showed was that in 8 years he hadn't imroved atll despite nobody really caring about him. I'm sure amused to death wasn't a huge commercial release or anything so he didn't have any less preassure on him than he does now.

Once crazy, always crazy

What you are overlooking is that during that eight years, he thought Pink Floyd, something that he had a certain respect for, had been laid to rest. In Roger's mind, Gilmour and Co. dug up the corpse and started parading it around. That has a tendency to open old wounds and make one angry all over again.

Yes, he had eight years to calm down, but during that eight years, people ticked him off all over again.
Furious
Knife
Knife

Post by Furious »

David Smith wrote:Once crazy, always crazy
yeah, just look at Syd :p
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

David Smith wrote:
Sorry about the swearing Keith, but before floods of people start saying how warm and cuddly he is they should probably read some quotation from the man that prove him to be anything else. If anyone doesn;t beleive me then find the interview yourself on the internet.
Roger was making a joke. He know's his reputation and was playing on it. He was basically saying that people expect him to be a monster when in actual fact when they meet him he's a normal human being like you and me and can, possibly, also be friendly.

As for him being grizzly and aggressive, he's clearly mellowed out with age. you just have to hear his tone and his words on any recent interview.

I'll tell you what also, he certainly looks a lot better these days. Look at any of the old Floyd photographs and you'll see that he was a deeply ugly man. Since then he has transmogrified into a lithe, nubile, silken haired Adonis.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

So what are you saying by the Adonis crap that you want to curl up next to him in bed and see if he truly is warm and cuddly?
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

flashback wrote:... you want to curl up next to him in bed and see if he truly is warm and cuddly?
This is all in your imagination
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

ummm.......we did not need that picture.

He seem to have clamed down why are you so harsh on him you don't know him.
Ruvigny324
Axe
Axe

Post by Ruvigny324 »

I can really understand, though, why Roger Waters was so upset and bitter starting from after Dark Side of the Moon. Wouldn't anyone be a little unhappy if they had written "the greatest album of all time", and three other great records and still wasn't that famous or credited publicily? If you just went up to any random person on the street and asked them who Roger Waters is, they would probably be clueless, whereas if you asked them who, for example, Mick Jagger or Pete Townshend is, they would be able to answer. I think that Roger Waters didn't get enough recognition and maybe he was bitter over that, and started being a jerk to try to convince himself he was better than everyone recognized and to boost his own ego. He has said that he acted egostiscally to hide the fact that "he felt insecure."

Or maybe all of that is a lie.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

Those quotes are hilarious...especially the ones about Sinead.

I wouldn't mind cuddling.... :-;