Scams!

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Neil

Scams!

Post by Neil »

I fall for it every time!

You get a letter through the door, or a leaflet in a magazines saying you've won a top prize! Either £25,000 cash, £10,000, £5000, £500, £50, holiday vouchers, a Playstation2, or a new microwave oven!!

You phone them up (it costs about £1.50 a minute!!!) and guess what?? YOU'VE WON THE HOLIDAY VOUCHERS !! :evil:

It happens every time - you NEVER win cash! So the phone call has just cost you about 7 quid and you've got some totally useless holiday vouchers which you can only use between June 21st and June22nd, provided it's not a day of the week with a 'D' in it and the temperature is between 23 degrees and 24. Also you can only go to some rubbish French coastal town which has 1 bar and a 1 star hotel with rats in the bathroom!

But I fall for it every time! No more I tell - NO MORE!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Silly Neil! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

The physical equivalent of pop-ups.

:x
jizhomer
Blade
Blade

Post by jizhomer »

I used to like them scratch card thingys for catalogues when I was a kid. My parents would discard them with the rest of the junk mail and I'd get em, get busy scratching and sure enough I was a winner everytime!! :D

I was saving them for when I was older thinking I'd have a whole list of goodies waiting for me!! #-o
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

jizhomer wrote:I used to like them scratch card thingys for catalogues when I was a kid. My parents would discard them with the rest of the junk mail and I'd get em, get busy scratching and sure enough I was a winner everytime!! :D

I was saving them for when I was older thinking I'd have a whole list of goodies waiting for me!! #-o
I am getting memories from my youth here!!! I found 1,000's of scratchcards, I had a penny and a crossbow in the other hand!!! Boy can those crossbows throw an arrow!! :lol: :lol: Back in the day when lethal weapons were legal in UK. Now guns are not allowed at all over here!!! :-)
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

Move to the good ole USA,we got more guns than you can shake a stick at.I have 3 shotguns & 2 rifles.I use them for hunting(not for sport hunting) & my family eats the meat.Wild game is good,deer is by far better for you than beef.