Things that really annoy you?

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
rosm
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Things that really annoy you?

Post by rosm »

Some goofs in movies.
I was watching Wicker Park and I noticed that when Matt and Lisa are making love for the first time, Lisa takes off Matt's shirt and in the next shot Matt is wearing his shirt.
Stupid editor!
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

rosm wrote:Some goofs in movies.
I was watching Wicker Park and I noticed that when Matt and Lisa are making love for the first time, Lisa takes off Matt's shirt and in the next shot Matt is wearing his shirt.
Stupid editor!
Killer film! Never seen a better love film.
rosm
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by rosm »

Flying pig437 wrote:
rosm wrote:... Wicker Park ...
Killer film! Never seen a better love film.
Because I got annoyed, I stopped watching. Perhaps I'll pick it up tonight.
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

Blurry text on my mac! It's going to have to go. In fact I can't wait to get rid of it. I've still got the laptop i had before the one i traded in to get this, it's stashed at my parents, which although pretty much on it's last legs..the main reason I wanted rid of it was because it kept running slow and crashing on spotify...is still basicall usable and I am comfortable with it. I've googled around for a solution but it seems that the blurry text problem is common to Macs in general so it's not just this machine. I don't mind too much myself but can't stand the idea of my dad moaning or even getting angry about the fact i've frivolously squandered a few hundred pound over the course of the last mth 1/2 on laptops. It's just a case of hoping that laptop lasts another 6mths or so till I can decide on what to do next. Almost certainly another fullsize Windows laptop. I'll try and make it last till Office 2013 comes out. I'm sorry Bill. Will you forgive me? :D
Pros and cons of changin back
Pros
no blurry text
No worrying about it being more of a theft target
Having MS office back again
Trust MS security essentials more than the AVG protection I've put on this
Fan not as loud on that other one. In fact i hardly ever noticed it and it was only when I got that HP 11" one that I started to notice fans at all and this Mac's fan is on all the time and noisy as shit.
Cons
Boring staid hardware design that makes it unlovable
Back to the crappy right-click to bring up menus instead of this gorgeously smooth touchpad where all you do is put 2 fingers on the touchpand and click the trackpad once.
Back to Vista and it's crappy toolbar instead of the Mac O/s X fantastic spaces and expose features
Occasional slow web browsing and spotify crashing on a regular basis.
Heavier laptop which was starting to piss me off and led to this whole situation because I got that 11" one that had too small text.

Oh yeah. and I won't be able to have a password on my phones wifi hotspot because I couldn't work out how to put it on and the conex my laptop to it. It just kept coming up with a message telling me that computers setting had been set differnt to that wifi..something like that a/w. That's a really pisser.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Why does it matter if your Dad doesn't agree with your patterns of spending?
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

my breakfast. wrote:Why does it matter if your Dad doesn't agree with your patterns of spending?
'cause he shakes his head and gets in a mood when I fuck up vis-a-vis wasting money. He's just always exhurted a lot of overbearing vibes which makes me feel I have to placate him all the time in everything I do so he doesn't get in a mood. When I was living at his house for a few yrs. up until Jan I once had to take my laptop to have all my mp3s retrieved from the hd after I'd fucked up copying them onto an ext. hd, I didn't actually even know what an mp3 was at the time and in fact didn't even know the music in my itunes was also in folders on my hd a/w on the way to the local village where I was caging a lift to the computer shop I was telling him and that it was going to cost about £25 and he shook his head in a kinda disgusted manner as if to say 'you stupid stupid boy'. I just don't wanna have to deal with that again!
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

My left shoulder. I woke up too quickly this morning and pulled it. It's been giving me aches off and on for a few years.
Two paracetamol and one ibuprofen kills it a bit. But it's not just the shoulder, there's a slight bit of the back of my neck.
Off and on. Don't walk quickly downstairs. Impress NASA with your careful manoeuvring into bed and... hopefully everything back to normal the next day.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Mosquitoes flying around my bedroom at night keeping me awake!
rosm
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by rosm »

Keith Jordan wrote:Mosquitoes flying around my bedroom at night keeping me awake!
They ARE annoying, just sting me and fly away stupid mosquito!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

rosm wrote:They ARE annoying, just sting me and fly away stupid mosquito!
I gave them a blast of fly spray and they ceased being.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

You better be careful their family and friends don't come to the funeral in your room <.8.>
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Oh Lord! I had best close all the windows and doors and keep the fuckers out! <.8.>
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

Something bit me this morning. My arm just started swelling up. I didn't even notice it but for some reason, probably because on some subconscious level I knew it wasn't normal, I started rubbing that part of my forearm and eventualy came to the conclusion that it was swelling up then looked at it was. I was, extremely modestly, freaked out by it.
Oh yeah and i'm a tad annoied that I can't post on the What aren't you annoied about because we're not allowed to double post and there's no point editing my last post 'cause no one will notice it unless they read up the thread the next time someone posts on it 'cause they won't think 'ooh! FP437 might have edited that last post I read the other day' :roll: What I would post is I've just discovered a sort by last modified function on my Google Docs which Im dead chuffed about.
rosm
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by rosm »

Filling in online forms and uploading documents and then the organisation you sent them to losing your information. Suckers.
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

This from a telegraph atricle on Jonathan Ive. "Ive talks about Apple’s attention to detail in its products – details that often won’t be seen by consumers at all – as a desire to “finish the back of the drawer”. “We do it because we think it’s right,” he says. The seed of that idea was planted while watching his father work. "

Except Apple had been doing that from pretty much the very start because Steve Jobs insisted on it! [-X