Jugband Blues

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Jugband Blues

Post by Keith Jordan »

moom wrote:Oh god, Keith ... oh my God... I'll leave you for a while, so you can think a bit...
You are too fucking random. Lay off the drugs and sort yourself out. And stop spamming everywhere.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

But Keith, Moom hates drugs with a passion

Anyway, on topic i do love this song. Been a fan for a good few years now so i don't often listen to floyd stuff anymore. But this is one of few songs i go back to quite often

Actually i guess i have got far more in to Syd within the last year. Like i had his solo albums but never bothered with them, then they kept on coming on when i put my Ipod on shuffle so love Syd's stuff now.

Especially The Madcap Laughs :)

But Jugband Blues is a great last floyd song for him with really rather sad lyrics that seem to effectively convey his state of mind at the time
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

I think the BBC version is more poignant than the album version. Syd's vocal take is better and has a nice reverb on it that all and all is more is more flattering to the wistful feeling of this great song. I like the freeform section with just the Floyd rather than the Salvation Army section on Saucerful. The coda on the BBC version is especially beautiful because of Rick's harmony vocal that is not on the album version.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

On one hand, the improvisation is better here, but Syd's kinda lazy... I know-I know, he was loaded, but... too lazy.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

moom wrote:On one hand, the improvisation is better here, but Syd's kinda lazy... I know-I know, he was loaded, but... too lazy.
Isn't he playing an acoustic guitar on that song? What do you expect him to do? Acoustic guitars do not really fit into that style at all unless they are there entirely for rhythmic purposes.
Narek
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Narek »

^^ Although not intended to be funny, but just the fact that PI is pointing out the discrepancies of moom, makes it hilarious, for me anyways.

Jugband Blues is one of the best songs off of ASOS!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Narek wrote:^^ discrepancies of moom.
I keep my pants to myself :D
Narek wrote:Jugband Blues is one of the best songs off of ASOS!
Indeed! :D