What is your political stance

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!

Your political orientation is...

Extreme left
7%
Left
36%
Centre
27%
Right
24%
Extreme right
5%

Total votes: 55

Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

What is your political stance

Post by Keith Jordan »

I admit to being a conservative. each to his own and as an individual and all that. Low taxes and lots of private and efficient enterprises! I not go on. What are you lot then?

Just out of interest, where did al lthis left, centre and right business come from anyway?
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

I am very conservative both socially and economically and am against too much government intervention. I'll stop here otherwise I'll be typing all day.

Just a suggestion that all comments be limited to the stated question only, otherwise it will very likely open itself up to personal attacks.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

quicksilver wrote:Just a suggestion that all comments be limited to the stated question only, otherwise it will very likely open itself up to personal attacks.
The voice of wisdom spoke! Good point. Just a couple of lines if you please and respect other peoples right to their opinion, way of life and views.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I wanna slag the SSP but there's no other scots here :cry:
stewart
Embryo
Embryo

Post by stewart »

A little history lesson from the "older" floyd fans.

Historically, during the 1800s the liberals in European parliaments sat on the left side of the president's chair, a habit that began in 1789 in the French Estates General, where the nobility sat on the King's right side. Thus the name "left wing."

And now we all know :wink:
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

stewart wrote:A little history lesson from the "older" floyd fans.

Historically, during the 1800s the liberals in European parliaments sat on the left side of the president's chair, a habit that began in 1789 in the French Estates General, where the nobility sat on the King's right side. Thus the name "left wing."

And now we all know :wink:
Welcome Stewart- Make sure to post in the new member area so we can all say hi!
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

I prefer self-government in personal matters and a bit of central decision-making on economics. In other words, I'm extremely liberal on personal issues, and slightly left on economic matters.

I chose "Left."
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

i chose center, but im prolly more center right, because im a little conservative and i come from a very conservative family, but alot of my friends are liberal to the bone and that has some influence on me too
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I am a bit suspicious of liberals. They don't seem to want to get involved with the fight!!! :lol:
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

:evil: I'M for The New World Order :evil:
Richter_M.
Knife
Knife

Post by Richter_M. »

I had to go with Extreme Right. Personally I consider myself just plain ol' Right, but I think most people would call me Extreme. (I'm trying to be honest here!) :)

I think the US gov't. is too large as it is. I also wish we had never gotten involved in worldwide matters, if I recall my studies correctly it was George Washington in his farewell address who advised that if we keep to ourselves we'll do just fine. So I guess that makes me Isolationist.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

Independant,on defence & some other stuff I'm right wing & on a lot of social issues I'm left wing,so I figure I'm independant cause your names won't fit me.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

I am a bit suspicious of liberals
Dont get me started on liberals they are a bunch of pious fence sitters. They beleive in given rights to the criminals and not the victims, who would rather send millions in aid overseas but let poorer people in their own country live in poverty and let in every bogas asylum seeker regardless of the impact it has on the economy and the community. And when it comes to making a decision - well they couldn't / wouldn't even if their life depended on it.
Fireland
Axe
Axe

Post by Fireland »

drafsack wrote:Dont get me started on liberals they are a bunch of pious fence sitters. They beleive in given rights to the criminals and not the victims, who would rather send millions in aid overseas but let poorer people in their own country live in poverty and let in every bogas asylum seeker regardless of the impact it has on the economy and the community. And when it comes to making a decision - well they couldn't / wouldn't even if their life depended on it.
Remember, no personal attacks [-X . I chose left, I'm not conservative, and I hate my government (our president is like a fascist dictator :roll: ).

Cheers!
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

drafsack wrote:Dont get me started on liberals they are a bunch of pious fence sitters. They beleive in given rights to the criminals and not the victims, who would rather send millions in aid overseas but let poorer people in their own country live in poverty and let in every bogas asylum seeker regardless of the impact it has on the economy and the community. And when it comes to making a decision - well they couldn't / wouldn't even if their life depended on it.
A bit of a generalization, no? (and none of it is at all accurate as far as what *this* liberal believes)