Unproved theories

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unproved theories

Post by drafsack »

I have several unproved theories I would like to run past you... Some I have mentioned in other posts Like:
By putting instant coffee in a microwave makes you go back in time. This is because instant means to happen straight away and microwaves speed things up. And the only thing quicker than straight away is if its already happened. And if its already happened you must have gone back in time.

Other theories include:

That there must be a surplus of electricity otherwise they would not waste it turning those fans on wind farms.

If you sneeze and f**t at the same time you will do a back flip

And That Syd Barrett and Mark Bolan were the same person as:

They never performed together even though they were both managed by blackhill entaprises.
Mark Bolans rise to fame corisponded to Syds "fall" from fame.
They both had the same haircut.
Syd's cult status rose as Mark fell from fame
and as it was becoming more difficult to conceal the fact that Syd and Mark were one and the same person, Mark had a nasty accident.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

That's classic. :lol: Especially the backflip one. :lol:
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

There's no such thing as a bad thing to do, all we have is our preceptions. The holocaust was not a bad thing (don't quote me on this) because those that did it felt entirely justified in their actions and unless something is done with purely evil intentions then it's not a bad thing to do.

This probably came out totally wrong.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

There's no such thing as a bad thing to do, all we have is our preceptions. The holocaust was not a bad thing (don't quote me on this) because those that did it felt entirely justified in their actions and unless something is done with purely evil intentions then it's not a bad thing to do.

Dave are you sure you are commenting on the right thread???
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

That's my unproved theory.

Although i do feel your instant coffee theory is VERY interesting.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

That's my unproved theory.

Although i do feel your instant coffee theory is VERY interesting.

Oh right. Try the coffee thing tonight- it works I'm really 64.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Don't like coffee i like tea...

also like my toast brown on one side :D
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Unproved theories

Post by quicksilver »

drafsack wrote:I have several unproved theories I would like to run past you... Some I have mentioned in other posts Like:
By putting instant coffee in a microwave makes you go back in time. This is because instant means to happen straight away and microwaves speed things up. And the only thing quicker than straight away is if its already happened. And if its already happened you must have gone back in time.

Other theories include:

That there must be a surplus of electricity otherwise they would not waste it turning those fans on wind farms.

If you sneeze and f**t at the same time you will do a back flip

And That Syd Barrett and Mark Bolan were the same person as:

They never performed together even though they were both managed by blackhill entaprises.
and as it was becoming more difficult to conceal the fact that Syd and Mark were one and the same person, Mark had a nasty accident.

For the love of Pete.............you can say fart, can't you.

There, I just said it and feel better.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

David Smith wrote:Don't like coffee i like tea...

also like my toast brown on one side :D
Good Sting paraphrase there. :lol: Just kidding. I adore toast. Toast and tea. Mmm. Oh yes. :lol:
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

David Smith wrote:There's no such thing as a bad thing to do, all we have is our preceptions. The holocaust was not a bad thing (don't quote me on this) because those that did it felt entirely justified in their actions and unless something is done with purely evil intentions then it's not a bad thing to do.

I don't know about how you really feel David but I thing that if one's intent is to wipe out a people of a certain race, religion, affiliation, etc for ANY reason is morally wrong and IS "a bad thing to do".
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

And, with that post, I become a HAMMER! :lol:
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

If you sneeze with your eyes open they will pop out.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Glad someone noticed my Sting reference.

Ok, so the holocaust was a bad thing, all i'm saying is without justification from those who commit only then can it be truly bad and not just wrong to the majority.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

David Smith wrote:There's no such thing as a bad thing to do, all we have is our preceptions. The holocaust was not a bad thing (don't quote me on this) because those that did it felt entirely justified in their actions and unless something is done with purely evil intentions then it's not a bad thing to do.

First of all...the instant coffee bit was funnier when I first heard Stephen Wright say it...no offense, though...it's still a good bit.

Concerning the above..."good" and "evil" are entirely human constructs. They are subjective...what's "Good" to one person may be "Evil" to another and vice versa.

I'm sure that Hitler and his people had their reasons for what they did...obviously in the eyes of a syphilitic, insane, German dictator, it was a good idea to wipe out the Jewish people. To someone more sane, it would not have been.

The fact that "good and evil" are entirely human constructs is borne out by the fact that careful observation of the universe bears out that the universe itself has no standard of morality. Things operate in the universe based upon one of two principles...

1. It works and continues to flourish

or

2. It does not work and ultimately ceases to be

Morality is an invention of humans to keep humans in line according to what humans want from humans. Religion is a similar device...and so is goverment...so is the family structure.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Unproved theories

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

drafsack wrote:And That Syd Barrett and Mark Bolan were the same person as:

Hmm, how do you explain the discrepancy in their height? Did Syd take short drugs to make himself Marc?

And why does Syd now resemble Brian Eno?

There's one name that ties all three together, and it's:

David Bowie. This chameleon wanted to be all these people at various times in his ever-changing life odyssey.

Yes, David Bowie is in fact:
1) Syd Barrett
2) Marc Bolan
3) Brian Eno
and perhaps many more that we haven't even figured out yet, and perhaps (considering Bowie's musical period from the 80s) some we don't want to know about.

In fact, there really is no David Bowie at all, just the others.