Best pink floyd experience?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Best pink floyd experience?

Post by MikeWaters »

It was a month ago and one of my good friends got a brand new 1800$ cd system with a 6 disc cd changer and 5.1 surround sound and he let me listen to dark side of the moon with the surround sound. It was an out of body experience like when On the Run begins and when rick comes charging in with his keyboard on any colour you like. But the best experience is when time arrived and Dave was wailing on his guitar!!!
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Pretty boring one from me. I listened to The Dark Side Of The Moon after about six months and it just blew my head off. 'Us And Them' in particular. The harmonies on that track are truly extraordinary. Classic.
eternalechoes
Axe
Axe

Post by eternalechoes »

The most interesting experience I have had so far is listening to Dark Side of the Moon while simultaneously watching the Wizard of Oz. Despite the denials of band members, I find it very hard to believe Pink Floyd did not intend this somehow. The coincidences are eerie! :shock:
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

eternalechoes wrote:The most interesting experience I have had so far is listening to Dark Side of the Moon while simultaneously watching the Wizard of Oz. Despite the denials of band members, I find it very hard to believe Pink Floyd did not intend this somehow. The coincidences are eerie! :shock:
I did that. I thought it was a bit of a reach, really. Nothing too mind blowingly spectacular. Perhaps I should've tried this back when I was still getting stoned.
paul3534
Embryo
Embryo

Best floyd Things

Post by paul3534 »

Well ive got 2 !!!!. First one was seeing Floyd in Wembley Stadium on the lapse tour, It was in the summer and it got dark quite late so the lights wernt that good, as we went out of the stadium and was being herded down to the underground station someone started going baaaaaa like a sheep , so lots of ppl joined in and it was starting to sound like the animals album. I think then i could see the connection.Also seeing them play 2 nights on the trot at london docklands and seeing "One of those days " being played live AWESOME !!!!
AthousandMilesOfMoonlight
Blade
Blade

Post by AthousandMilesOfMoonlight »

One day me and this guy i used to work for were barrelling around the back roads of meath making deliveries, he had just got a new jeep with a really good sound system, he was mad into pink floyd so the dark side of the moon was the first play of the new system,as the album progressed the weather deteriorated until by Money it was dark and raining,then just as ricks collage of sounds came tumbling in on Any colour you like we rounded a bend and saw the most fantastic rainbow ever,it was an unbelievable sight and we had the best sound to go with it! :D
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

I've had many magical Pink Floyd experiences, not all of them PG rated either. Heh. ;)

One recent one that I can particularly recall as very nice is...I was driving around one morning, the start of a beautiful sunny spring day, drinking my morning coffee and listening to "Obscurred By Clouds", which made me further marvel at what a wonderful day this was. I pulled over in a park to sit and write in the lovely shade of a tree for awhile, and while out there, kept the music on in the car and sat at a picnic table where I could still hear it. The whole atmosphere was absolutely wondrous...a slight breeze caressing my skin from time to time, a bee stopping by to smell my coffee, the scent of spring wildflowers in the air, the branches of the trees dancing to the occasional winds, the sun smiling upon its earth. Yes, that's the life.

"Childhood's End" came on...I happened to look up at the sky, and noticed there were fluffy white clouds, shaped very similarly, all in a row...one after the other, after the other, as far as the eye could see. Literally in a perfect line! It was just breathtaking...the combination of all these elements, the magical song in the backround shaping the moment, forever engraving in my memory the beauty of THAT MOMENT.

Simplicity at its finest. May seem like a very insignificant moment to most, but to me it was one of the reasons I keep living every day. :)
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

SydsMadcapGirl wrote:I've had many magical Pink Floyd experiences, not all of them PG rated either. Heh. ;)
Um...yah. Me too.

OK, here's one that's family friendly:

Oh wait. nevermind.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Pink Floyd: the best Moments band in the world. :D
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

Feeling Very Pink wrote:Pink Floyd: the best Moments band in the world. :D
true...true
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

It was the time my band played a gig. It was very terrible and suddenly the bass player started doing some weird noises (wich sounded like Speak To Me), so there we were, all of the sudden playing whole DSOTM. Nobody cared, but we were enjoying.
marlowe
Axe
Axe

Post by marlowe »

If I may be allowed to mention illegal substances here (tho it was legal until the 1960s), my finest Pink Floyd experience occurred the night before I took LSD for the first time, aged 17. me and my trip-buddy wer in his bedroom (I stayed over for the night), and we put on Atom Heart Mother -- well, we listened to it, and I tripped out and it was great -- it was like a pre-emptive acid trip.

well, that's mine.
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

I used to love to trip to AHM! 8)
Neil

Post by Neil »

Gotta be Roger Waters June 27th 2002 Wembley arena!!

Oh how I wish I could relive that night again :)

Did anyone else here attend that one?
The best part was old Rog handing out flowers to the female singers at the end.. he's chilling!
johnjohnstone
Knife
Knife

Post by johnjohnstone »

Oakland 1987 - "Run Like Hell", the encore ... the lasers, the music, the atmosphere, the volume ....... the magic!

God, if only they would tour for one last time .... :D