Best pink floyd experience?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Stiggs
Knife
Knife

Post by Stiggs »

I was tripping my ass off on cid and staring at my computer. Winamp was playing Echoes and I had my visualization plug-in "AcidSpunk" going....it was amazing. But that's prolly nothing compared to trippin face at the old The Wall live shows.
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

8) well, i think it was 2 years ago, when i first listened dark side of the moon, but i dit it watching the wizard of oz movie, put mute on the screen and along with other friends we finally watch it (before that we heard about this synch and always wanted to see it) of course we were estimulated by some smoking happiness, that made the show spectacular...i just couldnt believe it...the synch was amazing, the music was outstanding, that was the first time i heard a complete pink floyd album and since that moment pink floyd became my favorite band of all time...its a moment that i wont forget
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

johnjohnstone wrote:Oakland 1987 - "Run Like Hell", the encore ... the lasers, the music, the atmosphere, the volume ....... the magic!

God, if only they would tour for one last time .... :D
And the second last time, the third, fourth as well as the fifth.
Piper
Knife
Knife

Post by Piper »

A local planetarium in my town plays laser light rock shows every now and then, a few years ago I went with some friends to see their show for DSOTM. Tho the light show wasn't top-notch state-of-the-art or anything I was still quite blown away by it, most likely cuz it was the first time I ever heard Dark Side - the combination of the music at full blast and the lights just carry you off on a journey, I haven't had a music experience quite like that before or since.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

Usseing lots of Acid and watching the wall ovver and oover
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

Man, as huge of fanatic I am to Floyd I've never done 'cid. I've heard its a completely different experience... Maybe I'll travel somewhere where (is that right lol) its legal and... bla bla jk... anyway I'd given my right iris to of seen Pink Floyd live. Of course Id get to keep the iris until after the show. But my best experiences were the first time I heard Dark Side and when I heard Dark Side in 5.1. When I got to home base with a girlfriend listening to WYWH... very nice. And much much more but can't think right now. #-o
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Staring out over Battersea while listening to Time and The Great Gig In The Sky. Sublime.
Last edited by Feeling Very Pink on Sun May 11, 2003 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stiggs
Knife
Knife

Post by Stiggs »

meddler wrote:Man, as huge of fanatic I am to Floyd I've never done 'cid. I've heard its a completely different experience
Oh yes it is. It's very hard to describe, it's almost as if the music eminates from the air molecules surrounding you, and the waves pass through your body making you feel like you're flowing with the music. When the heartbeat in Speak To Me comes on and becomes Dave's guitar riff....wow.
floydboy75
Blade
Blade

Post by floydboy75 »

Seeing Floyd 3 times in 4 days back in 1994. Twice in Cleveland, Ohio and once in Columbus, Ohio. Was going to go for a fourth time in Michigan but waited too long. What was I thinking?! By the way, seeing Numb live for the first time was the ultimate experience!!!
Brian
dogs_pigs_n_sheep
Knife
Knife

Post by dogs_pigs_n_sheep »

floydboy75 wrote:Seeing Floyd 3 times in 4 days back in 1994. Twice in Cleveland, Ohio and once in Columbus, Ohio. Was going to go for a fourth time in Michigan but waited too long. What was I thinking?! By the way, seeing Numb live for the first time was the ultimate experience!!!
Brian
I went and saw them in Michigan that tour - Pontiac Silverdome. Great show. A number of times I was bummed though, and CN was one of them. I loved hearing Dave do the solos, but the singing left a lot to be desired. As a rule anything that involves Roger's singing, should have been avoided when he wasn't with the band. Some song simply require his voice to get the right feel.

All the version of CN without Roger sound terrible. Conversly, Roger found a great bunch of guys to fill in for David, and accordingly, they sounded great.
floydboy75
Blade
Blade

Post by floydboy75 »

You've got a point dogs_pigs_n_sheep. But the same could be said about Davids guitar solos. Most of the players Roger gets tend to throw their own licks and styles in them. Which in my opinion, ruin the song. Snowy White and Clapton may be the exception to this. As Snowy has played with David on earlier tours and Clapton is...well he's just Clapton! They should either just stick to the way it was meant to be played, or simply play a recording of David doing it originally. Does anyone ever notice how Roger has to get high profile, guitar legends to play on his records? Clapton and Beck to name two. And how they also tend to play in a Gilmour type sound or feel? Lets face it, they both were at their best when together. I do think David did a decent job on Brain Damage/Eclipse from 1994 though. Anyway, I've gone way off subject here. It's time for me to go.
Brian
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

Sundevil stadium, 1994. (Tempe, AZ.) It was hot out, and had been raining lightly all day long. Got to the stadium just before sundown, and saw a rainbow over the stage. (Sundevil stadium has an open roof). When they took the stage, the moon was just coming up, and it was full...Throughout the show, I watched that huge, yellow orb climb it's way into the night sky, and when they played Wish You Were Here, it was directly over Dave's head... Magical beyond words.
seamusz
Judge!
Judge!

Post by seamusz »

Lazer Floyd is definatly up there. However, they cut out some songs because of time constraints. Facist pigs.
nightmare
Blade
Blade

Post by nightmare »

the first lyrics of shine on you crazy diamond and brain damage song are the best pink floyd experiences i ever had. the best part is that they repeat and get stronger with every listening.
RogerWatersGirl
Blade
Blade

Post by RogerWatersGirl »

You know what guys? I still haven't done the Wiz Of OZ thing yet.

My most defining moment in Floyd history was 5 words:
THE WALL LIVE IN BERLIN

Oh, and when I got my boyfriend into Floyd, and stuff happened, and the sex and Dark Side Of The Moon myth is a good reality...Very reccomneded!
hahahaha