other bands you like

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

It's very hard to tell at the moment but this is what comes to my mind:

Pink Floyd
The Cream
Led Zeppelin
The Beatles
Syd Barrett solo
AC / DC
Deep Purple
Coldplay
Jethro Tull
Grateful Dead
Azra
Rambo Amadeus
The Who
Rolling Stones
Steve Ray Vaughn
CSNY
Queen
Santana
Goran Bare & Majke
Eric Clapton
Vlatko Stefanovski

... the list goes on... and on... and on... and on... and on... did you know?... did you know?... did you know?... stone... stone... stone... stone... stone...
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

SydsMadcapGirl wrote:My top 5 favorite bands of all time: Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Black Crowes, Smashing Pumpkins. Modest Mouse is probably my favorite that is currently out right now.
hey i didnt know you liked modest mouse, some of my friends are OBSESSED with them, its practically all they listen to. i personally enjoy them a good amount, but im not obsessed with them.

my favorite bands are
1. pink floyd
2. led zeppelin
3. phish
4. beatles
5. dave matthews band
6. rolling stones

etc
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

All the people on my shelf who I really like:

AC/DC : Bad Company : Syd Barrett : The Beach Boys : The Beatles : David Bowie : Kate Bush : The Byrds : Eric Clapton : Phil Collins : Cream : Dire Straits : The Doors : Duran Duran : The Eagles : Electric Light Orchestra : Enya : The Firm : Free : Peter Gabriel : Marvin Gaye : Genesis : The Hives : Elton John : King Crimson : The Kinks : Kraftwerk : Led Zeppelin : The Mamas And The Papas : Paul McCartney : Megadeth : Metallica : The Move : Gary Numan : Oasis : Mike Oldfield : Pearl Jam : Pink Floyd : Queen : Radiohead : Rage Against The Machine : The Rolling Stones : Roxy Music : The Sex Pistols : The Shadows : Simon And Garfunkel : The Smiths : Solution : Supergrass : Squeeze : The Stone Roses : The Strokes : 10,000 Maniacs : Tubeway Army : Roger Waters : The Who : Yes.

;)
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

Wow, yes I LOVE Modest Mouse. Isaak Brock's lyrics are so brilliantly dark and witty and even at times nonsensical. "Opinions were like kittens, I was giving 'em away"...great line! Have you heard the Ugly Casanova record? If not, you MUST find the song "Hotcha Girls", it's so so so beautiful. Ugly Casanova is Isaak Brock's side project. Great stuff. Blows my mind, truly.

Another modern band I love is the one I've mentioned in the "listening to" thread, called A.I. Good stuff. And then there's a band called June of '44 that is amazing. Coldplay's great also, though I often hate admitting I like something that's commercially popular. ;) LOL.

I also really dig Phish myself. As far as the jamband genre goes, I think I like moe. the best. Do you like Ben Harper?

As a side note...I just busted my kid playing outside in his underwear and roller skates only. I wouldn't mind this if it was our own yard...but geeeez. Sorry, thought that was kinda funny.
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

yea ive heard Ugly Cassanova, good stuff. phish is awesome, i love them, but i havent heard any other jam bands really, besides dave matthews, theyre kinda jammy. anyways, whats your favorite modest mouse album? mine would have to be building something out of nothing, i think thats what its called. i also like lonesome crowded west a good amount, and the moon and antarctica is good too
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

I'd actually have to go with what you said, precisely. The first Modest Mouse record I ever heard was "Lonesome Crowded West"...I'll never forget it! I was really digging on it instantly, and just EXCLAIMED, "WHO IS THIS?!?" Been hooked since. "Trailer Trash" is an EXCELLENT song. I love that band. I mean...WOW. I think Isaak Brock is a genius.

Did you know that Dan from the Murder City Devils plays with Modest Mouse now? Kinda weird, if you know that whole history.........