At last it's worked

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

At last it's worked

Post by drafsack »

As some of you may remember from previous posts I torture my kids on a daily basis with Pink Floyd and Syd Barrett music in the hope they will like it. Well last night after I had played the Devision Bell one of the asked to listen to the last song again as he was starting to like it. I knew if I kept playing it one of them would crack - its only taken seven years!!
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

:lol: But did it have to be 'High Hopes'? :? :lol: Good to hear. :)
Stiggs
Knife
Knife

Post by Stiggs »

See what happens when you play them Seamus.
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Re: At last it's worked

Post by Useful Idiot »

drafsack wrote:As some of you may remember from previous posts I torture my kids on a daily basis with Pink Floyd and Syd Barrett music in the hope they will like it. Well last night after I had played the Devision Bell one of the asked to listen to the last song again as he was starting to like it. I knew if I kept playing it one of them would crack - its only taken seven years!!
Good friggin job man. *salutes*
kaya
Axe
Axe

Post by kaya »

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, MAN!!

i also 'torture' my family (sister and Mother) with Syd and Pink Floyd music. but they just won' crack!! they usually leave the room.

and i have told my sister the difference between PF and Syd so many times and she still doesn't know it. i hate my family when they don't like PF (and that's like all the time). :x
eternalechoes
Axe
Axe

Post by eternalechoes »

I've been trying to convert my family and friends also. So far, I haven't had much luck :(

When I played Darkside of the Moon for my father, he didn't quite understand the "singing" on Great Gig in the Sky. I've also tried Wish You Were Here, it seemed like the easiest Pink Floyd album to get into, but he didn't like it enough to want to hear it again. :?
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

I don't even bother. When listening to Floyd, I enter my private universum and don't care about anything or anybody. It's my little world inside my room and I like it.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

My Dad got a good chuckle out of what happens to the security guard in the Wall movie.
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

crofloyd wrote:I don't even bother. When listening to Floyd, I enter my private universum and don't care about anything or anybody. It's my little world inside my room and I like it.
RIGHT ON!!!!! That's what I'm always talking about...my Pink Floyd realms!!!

I'm lucky. My son is 6, and seems to have inherited my taste in music, all across the board. His most favorite songs in the world are "Paint Box", "Wish You Were Here", "It Would Be So Nice", and also "California Stars" by Billy Bragg and Wilco. He also really digs on "Remember A Day", "Pigs (Three Different Ones)", and "Julia Dream" quite a bit. I'm so fortunate!!!!! :)
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

madcap69 wrote:My Dad got a good chuckle out of what happens to the security guard in the Wall movie.
What's so funny about a groupie polishing a security guard's shoes? :lol:
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:
madcap69 wrote:My Dad got a good chuckle out of what happens to the security guard in the Wall movie.
What's so funny about a groupie polishing a security guard's shoes? :lol:
Oh, so now the security isn't good enough to have clean shoes?
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

My dad tried to force me to like Simon and Garfnkel when i was younger, needless to say it didn't work.

That is except that song America. As punishment for that i'm gonna send him to a really rubbishy home when he's older :lol: