New rule - respect admin/mods

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

New rule - respect admin/mods

Post by Keith Jordan »

11 - Respect the administrator and moderators. If you are moderated for breaking one of the communities rules then take note and move on. When an admin/moderator says stop arguing in a thread, do it or face the axe.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Okay...I know that I don't wield any sort of power or influence on this board, but PEOPLE...Keith shouldn't have to waste his time posting messages that amount to simple common sense.

A moderator is a person who has been given the authority to remove objectionable material from the board and certainly has the influence to have offenders removed.

I, like many of you, have a problem with "authority figures," HOWEVER...in a place I enjoy being, I figure it's best to go along with the authority figures if I wish to be allowed to return.

Makes sense, doesn't it?
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

It all makes perfect sense. :)
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

What does? 8)
dogs_pigs_n_sheep
Knife
Knife

Post by dogs_pigs_n_sheep »

Respect is earned.

I will follow the rules (or face the conciqences) based on the fact that someone has a dictatorship and can ban or delete my posts.

I do not have to respect someone. I have to keep it to myself if I disagree with those who have power to delete my posts or ban me.

By the way, I do respect some of the moderators, and others have yet to earn it.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

dogs_pigs_n_sheep wrote:Respect is earned.

I will follow the rules (or face the conciqences) based on the fact that someone has a dictatorship and can ban or delete my posts.

I do not have to respect someone. I have to keep it to myself if I disagree with those who have power to delete my posts or ban me.

By the way, I do respect some of the moderators, and others have yet to earn it.
You're banned dick head.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

The dictatorship position in Iraq is open :lol:
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

[quote="Real Pink in the Inside"]The dictatorship position in Iraq is open :lol:[/quote]

Dang, Got to send in my resume
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

dogs_pigs_n_sheep wrote:By the way, I do respect some of the moderators, and others have yet to earn it.
FVP, is it just me or are you also a bit worried about this post? seeing as there's only 2 moderators i'm getting paranoid :lol:
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

David Smith wrote:
dogs_pigs_n_sheep wrote:By the way, I do respect some of the moderators, and others have yet to earn it.
FVP, is it just me or are you also a bit worried about this post? seeing as there's only 2 moderators i'm getting paranoid :lol:
Something tells me he doesn't mean you. :lol: You go way back with this forum, so... :lol: But whatever! :D
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

I reckon we should both be getting paranoid on this one, you seen my earlier stuff yet? :D
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

David Smith wrote:I reckon we should both be getting paranoid on this one, you seen my earlier stuff yet? :D
Hehe, yes, I saw some of it! :wink:
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

Doesn't matter who he's talking about. May be nobody...may be trying to make you paranoid.

Also could mean that since there is a brand new moderator, he has yet to think of him that way, which is fair.

I happen to be fortunate in the regard, I suppose, that I already like both the moderators and the administrator quite well, so I have no problems respecting anyone. :lol:
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Hmm, yeah, he's trying to make us paranoid. Or maybe he wants us to think that...

Either way syd'smadcapgirl i'm glad you think like that :D I like you to and i'm sure everyone else here does
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I have to say...at the risk of being banned myself...that I agree with DPNS on the fact that respect, in it's truest definition, is a thing to be earned, not given away to anyone who happens to demand it.

It's a bit like love...what good is love if it's given away to just anyone, especially those who don't deserve it? The more physical manifestation of "love" (notice the quotation marks :P ) is something that is meant to be given to as few people as possible, lest one find themselves being called rather unflattering names and considered a "loose" person.

"Respect," as I see it, is much like love in that it is a response to values that one holds in high regard. I respect those who value the same things that I do...I do not respect those who do not.

For example, I do not respect a police officer simply because he is a police officer...I respect the person in the uniform...not the uniform itself. I also have to know a bit about the person in the uniform before I can respect him.

I cannon respect someone that I know nothing about, you see. I really don't think anyone can. If you are "respecting" someone that you do not know, then it's not really respect...simply appeasement.

Appeasement is a thing borne of fear...I don't think anyone here wants to fear anyone else here nor make anyone else here fear them.

Keith...I hope you were kidding about banning DPNS...he actually is a valuble addition to a PF board...if you weren't kidding, do you plan to punish yourself in some way for using a curse word? :lol: :lol:

As I said in my earlier post in this thread, I have a problem with authority figures, but I will obey them if it means the alternative is not being allowed to be somewhere I enjoy being.

I enjoy being here...hence, I follow the rules...well...most of the time.