New rule - respect admin/mods

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

Keith Jordan wrote:
dogs_pigs_n_sheep wrote:Respect is earned.

I will follow the rules (or face the conciqences) based on the fact that someone has a dictatorship and can ban or delete my posts.

I do not have to respect someone. I have to keep it to myself if I disagree with those who have power to delete my posts or ban me.

By the way, I do respect some of the moderators, and others have yet to earn it.
You're banned dick head.
Things that I dislike in this forum is some moderators douple morals, no ability to laugh at himself/herself and lack of sense of proportion. DPNS was giving his opinion and I must agree with it. :?

(I know that those are old posts)
PinkClownie
Embryo
Embryo

Post by PinkClownie »

Yes, I can see how DPNS 's post might be annoying to someone who puts so much energy into keeping all us Pink Floyd fans happy, but it is tue that he just is giving his opinion, not really being vulgar or mean-spirited. Even then what people really want to say is buries in their bad (meaning not cool for someone else to experience them) behaviors.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Most people on the forum don't like jokes being made about them, why should mods be any different? Afterall, mods are just users that post a lot and were asked if they'd like to moderate

DPNS is back and was banned for a total of about a day as far as i remember :? To be honest nobody can stop people direspecting mods or admin because that's something you do in your own home, however we can stop you posting your dislike for mods and admin so essentially it doesn't matter if you don't like us just like we may not like other members, fine, it's normal, but it's not worth posting about
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

Egoistical rant:

I was posting "My New Pong" a little parody thread about Keiths "My New Song" and it was really funny but unfortunately it soon dissapeared. I did not ike that. Keith was like: "ha ha! Im gonna knock down your sandcastle". I Know this site is running out of bandwith but I still think its not right and I was winning, btw. 2 - 0! so maybe thats why Keith deleted that thread. In other band forum those kind of things are funny and stuff.

I did make jokes in this text too. Should I underline them?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

When making this rule up about respecting the moderators I did not phrase it properly so you are quoting an old and invalid conversation my good friend. What I meant was that, if you are asked to stop doing something - like flaming new users, for example - then you should respect the "guidance" and move on instead of bitching about it. This is not drama class.

As for you Dinn Jaffa, I am beginning not to like you at all. I think you are an agitator, a trouble maker and ill mannered. I put a lot of time and effort into this site for the benefit of others. If you are going to annoy me and take the "mickey" out of me, then I am going to delete you out of my face. Simple as.

I do not "own" this community. We all do as users of this board. But I do own the site and want it to be the best Floyd site around. This requires rules to act as an atrificial mechanism to promote a healthy environment for discussion. In real life, someone would smack you in the face if you flamed them! On the internet, we need rules about flaming - this artificial mechanism - so that things run smoothly, efficiently and the forum is enjoyable for a broad range of people. I am not a fan of opression but the rules are needed.

You, Dinn Jaffa, are not needed by me. You are a pest and an annoyance.
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

I have tried to come up with a list of simple rules to follow while on NPF.com. I think a lot of time people get confused and hurt and to prevent that I have tried to look at all the things which can prevent you from landing yourself in the doghouse.

1) Never make fun of NPF Users. This includes but is not limited to looks, personality, intelligence specifically. Pointing these out in a post is wrong and should be handled via pm. Over there you can essentially do whatever the hell you want. Unless you are a webmaster.

2) Just agree with everything.

or

1) Have fun
2) Post lots
3) Be prepared to defend polemical statements
seamusz
Judge!
Judge!

Post by seamusz »

Diin Jaffa wrote:Egoistical rant:

I was posting "My New Pong" a little parody thread about Keiths "My New Song" and it was really funny but unfortunately it soon dissapeared. I did not ike that. Keith was like: "ha ha! Im gonna knock down your sandcastle". I Know this site is running out of bandwith but I still think its not right and I was winning, btw. 2 - 0! so maybe thats why Keith deleted that thread. In other band forum those kind of things are funny and stuff.

I think that you think your funny more often than the rest of us. :?
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

seamusz wrote:
Diin Jaffa wrote:Egoistical rant:

I think that you think your funny more often than the rest of us. :?
I think that I think that NO! :?