Sunday Night Documentary-Let the Outside World Know!

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

:lol:
rollinder
Blade
Blade

Post by rollinder »

I've just watched the documentary - especially mind blowing parts for me were: Syd's mention at the begining & Roger mentioning his connection to Brain Damage (which I just seemed to feel on the 1st/2nd listen, made all sort of dodgy connections between the lyrics and something I'd read about Syd), David & Rick seperetly recreating their parts + David demostrating how pieces fitted together, the mix of live & demo recordings, the isolated vocals & instriments...most of it really.

It didn't feel like this watching it but once it was finished it seemed short (didn't get to see the whole programme though - tape cut off during Brain Damage section while Roger was talking about the emotion of the album - don't know how much was left) wanted more.

I've just watched the 25 min EPK as well, & there's loads of material in there that should have been in the documentary.

Strangely it wasn't noticable watching the main show that much was missing but vewing this I could feel the holes :?

The interviews (Roger and David's especilly) look like they're mostly from material cut from the TV programme - in parts I couldd tell exactly where they should have fitted - hopefully the DVD edition will include this in the appropiate places.

but it's defiinitly going to be worth buying anyway.