The Fall

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Re: The Fall

Post by danielcaux »

When I hear their name I often confuse The Fall with The Jam, so I thought Nosaj was singing those lyrics to the "That's Entertainment" melody...
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Really love the album, Hex Enduction Hour. I highly recommend this album as a starting point.

Here is the first song on the album - The Classical:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDzmA20URAE

EDIT: From Wiki, about this album and song:

"In 1984, Motown Records expressed an interest in signing the band to a new UK division and asked to hear their back catalogue. Hex was the only album Smith had to hand. The letter the group received back stated "I see no commercial potential in this band whatsoever". Smith publicly speculated that this might have had something to do with the lines "Where are the obligatory niggers?/Hey there, fuckface" from album opener "The Classical"
wearethefall
Embryo
Embryo

Post by wearethefall »

Hey y’all,

Wanted to pass along this new Fall/Mark E. Smith podcast to those who are interested.
We’re a couple of American musicians, who are relatively new Fall fans, but we’re ready to go deep with our fellow Fall-heads. We’ll be exploring the entire Fall discography (as well as Fall-related output), including a bunch of ex-members’ albums (outside of the Fall), which are usually/unfairly overlooked. We have some fun guests lined up for future episodes as well.

If you’re willing, join us on this journey. You can stream the first 4 episodes wherever you get your podcasts:

WE ARE THE FALL Podcast
https://linktr.ee/wearethefallpod

Cheers from Austin/Chicago!

- Gavin & Steve
Eclips
Axe
Axe

Post by Eclips »

Not a fan of their sound but MES was a huge Can fan and you can hear that influence in their music.