Buying DG tickets...What a week!!

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Buying DG tickets...What a week!!

Post by cwta eugene »

My wife and I, along with my friend, tried to get tickets to David Gilmour's show in Chicago, April 13th. The sale to the public started on January 14th at 11:00, so we all sat at computers and tried to snatch up ANY tickets. My wife got through to the ticket page and didn't notice where it said "this ticket offer will only be in effect for 2 minutes." She was reading all the shipping possibilities and when she chose one she hit next and got a "time expired" message. :x (I still love her remarkably enough :wink: ) We tried for another hour but none of us had any luck. I finally bought tickets off Ebay for like 100.00 more than they are worth. Uggghh :smt119 Paying with Paypal was a pain because I just moved and my address is not a confirmed address yet. Did anyone else have to buy off Ebay?

Lastly, could someone remind me this will be all worth it? Perhaps I need to throw on some Animals. Thanks for letting me rant!
Narek
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Narek »

Something similar happened to me yesterday as my dad and I were buying tickets for the April 20th show. The woman's like, "Orchestra 4" (which is front row) my dad is like ok. As the woman was about to press 'enter' SOLD! :smt013 :smt013 We got section 18 seats still pretty good.

It will all be worth it, it might be David Gilmour's last tour and there's nothing better than being a part of it. You could have gotten tickets from http://www.stubhub.com they would have been cheaper. Maybe next time. :D

How much did you spend on the tickets, if you don't mind me asking?
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

287.00 for two left of stage in the back (I forgot what section but it's row R)
Narek
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Narek »

I got section 18: pretty good for my first concert, I'm just worried about the angle, should I be worried?

Slambient Expressway
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Slambient Expressway »

If the place is big you shouldn't be worried. But there's a good chance you won't get a good look at Dave. I don't know why you'd wanna look at him like that anyway though... =P
Narek
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Narek »

The Gibson (formerly Universal) Amphitheatre is a theater located in Universal City, California, USA. It was originally built in 1972 as an outdoor venue, but was remodeled and converted into an indoor theater in 1982. It seats up to 6,189 for concerts, including 6,089 chairback seats (3,900 in the main level and 2,189 in the mezzanine). It is the second-largest theater in California, behind the Shrine Auditorium, another Los Angeles venue. The theater is best known for its acoustics and its sightlines, considered the best of any theater in North America.-Wikipedia

Is it big enough? Why won't I be able to see Dave?