May 2003 Record Collector - DG interview highlights

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

Pugs on the Wing wrote: Playing with Townshend and McCartney is NOT the same as *being in* The Who and The Beatles.
I am sure Gilmour feels Doyle Bramhall II was in Pink Floyd when he toured with Roger in '99 and '00 :roll:

:lol:
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Come on, this is just nit picking. Sure, he said something a bit thick, but haven't we all?
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

David Smith wrote:Come on, this is just nit picking. Sure, he said something a bit thick, but haven't we all?
Well, I can just imagine if someone else said what Gilmour said, everyone would be complaining about what an egomaniac he is, deluding himself that he played in those bands.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I think David Gilmours comments have been taken a little out of context. He was talking about being a kid. Dreaming. He was "in the bealtes" in his mind when playing like in a fantasy. I doubt he actually meant it! Perhaps it is just an English thing to say?!?!! :lol:
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

Keith Jordan wrote:I think David Gilmours comments have been taken a little out of context. He was talking about being a kid. Dreaming. He was "in the bealtes" in his mind when playing like in a fantasy. I doubt he actually meant it! Perhaps it is just an English thing to say?!?!! :lol:
I can see that. Didn't realize he was seeing it as a kid. All I know, is if I read something where Townsend or McCartney were saying the equivalent, but saying they were in Pink Floyd just because they played with Gilmour, I'd have thought someone had taken all their marbles away.