The Wall

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Dyer Straits
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Dyer Straits »

The Wall was a great movie, a real cult classic. I don't understand why "When the Tigers broke Free" was not included on the soundtrack. It is an excellent song, full of emotion. The acting was good... but the animation was better. I also liked how Mother was done to make it sound more innocent but at the same time terrifying. My 2cents.
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Re: The Wall

Post by Powderfinger »

David Smith wrote:perhaps there should have been more animation so the animated sequences didn't look so out of place, but other than that most of the action was fine and gave a glimpse of how Waters saw the wall.
I agree. The animated pieces are good. I love the one with an adapted version of Empty Spaces.

The scenes with the hammering and the song In the flesh I don't understand.
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

I thought the wall movie was good but i hated In the flesh when bob was singing. For me that ruined it! Other than that it was a good movie
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Watched it again and i don't like it anymore. It could have been SO much better. Bob Geldof did a very poor job, the acting couldn't be taken seriously full stop and the RLH and WFTW sequences were unwatchably bad.

Still, the animated bits were still excellent. It should have been more sereal throughout rather than everything looking so normal. More animation basically, and perhaps had it been darker in tone like the album was. The entire second half almost was laughable let alone dark in tone.
AthousandMilesOfMoonlight
Blade
Blade

Post by AthousandMilesOfMoonlight »

The Wall was quite a good film,a bit disjointed in places but overall a lot more interesting than your standard hollywood rubbish .