PF reunion in November

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

David Gilmour wrote:There is no Pink Floyd reunion in the pipeline and there will be no Pink Floyd shows anywhere in the world in November - or at any other time.

see.... told you so :P

we really should get that 72 font size
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

this is from gilmours site: Monday 30th Jan 2006: PINK FLOYD AND ROGER WATERS CATEGORICALLY DENY RUMOURS OF A PINK FLOYD TOUR
Pink Floyd?s David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright are joined by Roger Waters in categorically stating that there is no truth in the recent news reports about a Pink Floyd tour planned for this Autumn. David Gilmour: ?Since Live 8 there are certain sections of the media that have deliberately misled fans and public by inventing stories and quotes about Pink Floyd touring: Nick, Richard, Roger and I are telling fans directly that this is not happening. We are also asking the various parties who are fabricating these stories to desist, if only for the sake of the fans.?
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

well....that covers the autumn...but there are 3 other seasons...LOL......and Besides a couple of Albert Hall shows isn't a tour.....its a couple of Albert Hall shows......LOL...... :D
goldeneagle33
Blade
Blade

Post by goldeneagle33 »

ironbaden wrote:well....that covers the autumn...but there are 3 other seasons...LOL......and Besides a couple of Albert Hall shows isn't a tour.....its a couple of Albert Hall shows......LOL...... :D
I noticed they used the word 'tour', I'm sure just a couple dates somewhere would not be considered a tour.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

at the rate PF is going, two dates could be considered a tour :lol:
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

2 dates filmed at Royal Albert Hall would make a good dvd don't you think. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

flashback wrote:2 dates filmed at Royal Albert Hall would make a good dvd don't you think. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Its the whole chicken egg deal........which came first...the Pulse or the albert Hall.... :shock: :D
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

ironbaden wrote:
flashback wrote:2 dates filmed at Royal Albert Hall would make a good dvd don't you think. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Its the whole chicken egg deal........which came first...the Pulse or the albert Hall.... :shock: :D
I couldn't help myself,I had to stirr the pot a little.Question is do 2 concerts make a tour if there within 100 miles of your home--------------I think not.Had to ask :lol: :lol:
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Well, I personally doubt this will happen, but then again...the band members were denying rumours of a Live8 reunion right up to just before the announcement that there would be a reunion :roll:
flyingpig
Embryo
Embryo

Post by flyingpig »

EDITED BY MOD:

This was a word-for-word reproduction of the first post of this thread.

What's the point?

--mosespa
Bluesky
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Bluesky »

Oh but can't we hope....? Just a little bit.....? Please....?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

It was reported that Gilmour said it is definitely over now...

Original - http://www.repubblica.it/2006/b/sezioni ... gilmo.html
Translated - http://www.pinkfloydz.com/dgfeb06.pdf

Too bad for the fans. Its official now. The band Pink Floyd has exhausted itself, it is the end. The four
songs played at live 8 were the last performance. This is what David Gilmour has told us in a exclusive
interview for ?La republica?
David Gilmour: "I think enough is enough. I am 60 years old. I dont have the will (pleasure derived
from) to work as much anymore. Pink Floyd was an important part in my life, I have had a wonderful
time, but it?s over. For me its much less complicated to work alone.
"Its over?, Gilmour emphasises.
David Gilmour: Its not about Roger. Even without him I dont have the will to go on with Pink Floyd
"I?m happy with my life as it is?. To work in Pink Floyd now would be too much of an effort. When you
are on your way with Pink Floyd all is huge. The level of expectancy is huge, and the pressure is huge.
People expect us to do 100 concerts as Pink Floyd. But i?m doing fine now. It was fantastic, but I can?t
derive pleasure from it anymore.
Back to Pink Floyd, why did you make an exception for live 8?
David Gilmour: There was more then one reason. Firstly to support the cause. The second one is that the
energyconsuming and uncomfortable relationship between Roger and me that I was carrying along in
my heart. That is why we wanted to perform and to leave the trash behind. Thirdly I might have
regretted it if I declined.
It was fantastic. But how did you experience this moment?
David Gilmour: Not as you all. I had complicated guitar parts to play and I had to sing. I had the feeling
I had a big responsibility and I because of that I have rehearsed for 2 or 3 weeks.* Thats why I
concentrated very hard on what I had to accomplish on stage. The emotions took over when all was
done. *(We think this should read 2 or 3 days)
hi-watt
Blade
Blade
Location: everywhere and nowhere baby, thats where I'm at (or try Dorset UK)

Post by hi-watt »

NewEarthMud wrote:
hi-watt wrote:Oh F*ck

Here we go again

But does anyone else think the Roger waters, In the flesh DVD is utter crap.

My wife asked "jon, why is that man (doyle, bramhall) dressed as a mermaid.

Sorry went a bit if topic then

If its in the mirror, then it must be true guys, c'mon were's your faith in the ol' red tops :roll:
Your random comments about Roger's ITF dvd as well as your stupid wife's comments about Doyle were so uncalled for that you should probably shoot yourself in the head to make us and your family happy.

Post a pic of your wife.. I bet she looks like a bag of assholes.

Don't disrespect Doyle Bramhall II or I'll drop kick your face off.

Does anyone know where this low-life scumbag w*nker lives, if its in the uk, i'm going to find him, and when i do............

Say what you like about me pal, i couldnt give a shit, but you dare insult my wife, nice to see Keith banned your account, but i hope you read this before you crawl back under whatever pile of dog shit you live under

Keith: dont ban my account, i had to have my say.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

hi-watt,calm down we understand and Keith took out the trash already.The dumbass won't be bothering none of us anymore.Keith has and always will keep on top of that stuff.That's why this is the best P-F fansite on the net.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

"pathetic story" ... heh, I'd pay billions just to make "this pathetic story" true :evil: (wouldn't we all...)

"I?m rather hoping that with this tour announcement people will believe me when I say, honestly, this is the only band I plan to tour with!" :cry: :cry: :cry:

MAAN, it's one of the FEW of my biggest wishes, and some people keep telling me it won't come true! Ah come on, Dave! We care of you - take a bit of care for us (those, who haven't seen you... yet!) ! People, write letters or something. Do something, we can't let it just slip away!

P.S. Keith... just read your post, where you brought an interwiev... F***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ............................

I guess it's up to me and my band - "The Moonchild and his kids" - to take over... started writing material